CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE: ARTHUR SPEAKS

Laura commanded two Shadow Cult members.

"I am after that girl. Her name is Alisha, and she is 15 years old. She is still a virgin. I am seeking a pure and untainted sacrifice. I want her tomorrow night."

Arthur showed up at the police station. He wanted to talk with Rogers and Brady because he was a member of the Shadow Cult and should be arrested for it.

He finally entered the office.

"I want to be arrested for the crimes I committed as a member of the Shadow Cult years ago. I'd also like to help put an end to the cult that has revived."

Rogers and Brady were taken aback. They couldn't believe he had been involved in such heinous acts. Theolinda felt sorry for Mia. Rogers asked:

"Okay. What do you want to say to us?"

"The cult's leader was Ryan Dagon. He murdered Eliza, his girlfriend. And he killed Michael, Eliza's lover, with the assistance of all cult members, including myself. Then we buried them in the Forestvale Manor garden. We tortured and drank the blood of about ten victims during the cult's existence."

Rogers and Brady exchanged surprised expressions. They now have evidence to back up their long-held beliefs.

Brady stated:

"What can you tell us about the cult today?"

Arthur replied:

"The current leader is photographer Laura Blackwood. I am aware of the meetings they have held. So far, they have abducted and tortured two people. I've no idea who they are. But I am sure there will be a big event tomorrow night."

Rogers inquired.

"How do you know that?"

Arthur explained:

"I have a friend in the cult who trusts me."

Rogers and Brady then arrested Arthur and started keeping a watch on Laura Blackwood.

They were going to Forestvale Manor with a court order to dig up the grounds and see if they could find the bodies Arthur Richardson mentioned. They couldn't have stopped Ryan Dagon otherwise.

Mia ate dinner with Xena and Melissa that night. Dinner was delightful, and as they finished their tea, Mia explained:

"Tomorrow, I'll go to Artshel for a few days; I don't know how many."

Xena asked, surprised:

"Why the hurried trip? I would like to accompany you."

"It's not worth it to join me. You'll get bored because it's a convention for new writers."

Melissa stated:

"I learned about the convention from a buddy. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. I'm currently on a book signing tour in Ablington, visiting several bookstores."

"I understand, Mom. I wish you much success with your book."

Mia had found out who the attendees were at the convention, which she would not be attending because she was going to accompany Ryan to the Balance Dimension. Xena wasn't convinced.

 "Perhaps I won't be bored. I could go to Artshel's Goth Shop. It is fantastic."

"Don't you want to come to be with me, Xena? So what's the point of being alone in your favourite store?"

"You're correct. On another occasion, we'll travel together. After all, it wasn't that long ago that I was in that store. Even though there are always new things."

"Xena, I promise we'll be there as soon as possible, but now we have to take advantage of the summer, okay?"

"Kiss me, Mia; I already miss you so much."

Melissa smiled at the tenderness between the girls, touched by their love for each other.

"Love is incredibly beautiful. Now, I'm going to write."

"Thanks, Mom."

The atmosphere in the living room shifted as Mia and Xena entered, their lingering gazes filled with desire after Melissa's departure. Their lips met in a fiery embrace, igniting a passionate dance of desire between them. Xena slid her hands beneath Mia's shirt and touched her breasts. Mia whimpered and whispered to Xena:

"I'm all yours."

A shiver cascaded down Mia's spine as Xena's hand traced a tantalizing path along her back. Xena took Mia into a loving embrace and whispered into her ear, sending shivers down her spine. Xena's approach quickened Mia's breath, her fingertips caressing Mia's curves with a delicate touch, unravelling a pleasure Mia had never known. Xena's soft lips left a trail of feather-light kisses down Mia's neck, igniting a blazing inferno of desire within her. Mia was engulfed by a passion so consuming and intoxicating that her very being quivered in the warmth of Xena's embrace.

As Xena pulled Mia closer, a wave of pleasure surged through her, nearly overwhelming her senses with a delicious ache of desire. As they moved together, exploring each other's bodies in intense and deeply loving ways, they became caught up in a tornado of sensations that neither had imagined. Mia shouted out in delight as Xena began to explore her deftly and wonderfully, forcing her to reach deeper heights of ecstasy each moment.

When they finally collapsed into each other's arms, tired from the intensity of their lovemaking, they both felt a great sense of accomplishment and fulfilment. They lingered together, savoring the sweet scent of their rekindled love as time appeared to slow down. As two souls intertwined, they shared a profound and unbreakable bond of love and connection, intertwining their souls in a moment of pure intimacy.