CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: WHAT IS RYAN PLANNING?

Melissa waited for Arthur in the yard the night Mia visited Artshel. Although she did not say anything to him after watching him cuddle Amber, their relationship was strained.

Melissa said:

"Arthur, now that we're alone, I want to talk to you."

Arthur replied:

"Tell me, Melissa."

"Mia is behaving suspiciously towards you. Could you please explain why?"

Arthur was at a loss for words but responded:

"I do not know, Melissa. That is your imagination."

Melissa let Arthur enter the house, knowing he was keeping something from her.

"Melissa, if you want, I can tell you."

Melissa looked around with amazement. Ryan was in front of her, a Ryan she recognized far better than the first time she met him.

Melissa inquired with a mix of curiosity and suspicion:

"What do you know, Ryan?"

"Mia refuses to speak with her father because she knows he was a member of the Shadow Cult."

Melissa flushed. Ryan continued to speak:

"It appears from your expression that you are aware of the cult. You know what we did, and I was the leader. What you don't comprehend is that your loving husband wanted me to have sex with him because he adored me."

"That's not true. You are a monster!" Melissa's voice quivered with rage as she commanded, "Get out of my house immediately!"

Arthur went outside when he heard the voices.

"What's going on here?" he queried.

"Hello, Arthur. I'm telling your wife about our fantastic adventures in the Shadow Cult; aside from the fact that you enjoyed drinking our dark offerings' blood, do you recall?"

Arthur remained silent, his eyes avoiding Melissa's gaze. Melissa realized Ryan was telling the truth.

"Both of you disgust me!"

"Listen to me, Melissa," Arthur implored urgently, his eyes pleading for understanding.

"I left you alone, couple," Ryan said, acting amused even though he was no longer amused by the situation. Mia had altered him in many ways. Ryan was already suffering from Mia's absence, and he wanted the others to suffer as well. He'd just gone over to the house to see if Mia had already gone to Artshel.

FORESTVALE MANORजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें