CHAPTER ONE:THE GIRL WHO LOVES MYSTERIES

The iconic Forestvale Manor may be found in Glouminster, a lovely and mysterious town on the coast of Ablington Island. People had been told for two decades that a young woman's ghost haunts the old mansion.

We met Mia Richardson, an 18-year-old girl with model-like beauty and a taste for mystery and science fiction, in this town that seemed to be in perfect order. At Glouminster High School, Mia was a well-liked student who enjoyed the respect of both teachers and classmates. Both her mother Melissa Richardson, who was well known for her romantic novels, and her father Arthur, who ran the neighborhood real estate office, instilled a love of reading and writing in Mia. She never had a romance, preferring to concentrate on her academics and her writing, which she shared with her passionate Wattpad fans. Xena, a gothic girl with whom Mia shared her secrets and adventures, was Mia's best friend.

After graduating from high school, Xena arrived at a cafe wearing her typical dark outfit with a touch of purple. She was on her way to see Mia. Brown-haired and brown-eyed Xena was a girl who was totally into everything gothic. Since Xena and Mia were both shy and focused young women, they kept each other company as loners.

Xena liked reading scary tales including Mia's. She didn't miss any of the gothic-themed films or television programs. She was continually eager to find out new information and learn more, and she was quick to tell Mia what she had learned.

Even though Xena didn't believe in the paranormal, their conversations frequently focused on horror, science fiction, fantasy, and the supernatural. Xena and Mia had a profound understanding of each other and were never at a loss for words. They were interested in the human mind and all psychological disciplines, and they planned to pursue a degree in Psychology at the university after the summer.

As Xena sat down with Mia in the cafe, she couldn't help but bring up the house.

"I've been considering it for a long time, Xena. We should look into Forestvale Manor."

Xena lifted an eyebrow in suspicion. 

"You can't be serious, right?"

Mia yelled, "Yes! Doesn't it sound like a TV show episode?"

Xena groaned, 

"You know I don't believe in all that supernatural stuff."

"But it's so intriguing!" Mia exclaimed. "I think we ought to investigate. Additionally, this might be our final opportunity before starting college."

Xena paused for a beat before agreeing.

"Okay, fine, you win."

"I won't have any trouble getting the keys because my father has them at the real estate company. With the keys in my hands, we could finally enter the mansion and see what secrets await us inside. Perhaps we'll see the ghost."

Xena appreciated her friend's enthusiasm. She didn't know how such a smart girl could believe in those things, but she respected and loved her friend.

"I'm ready, Mia. Let's go to the house and see what mysteries await us there—it could be a couple of drug addicts or drunks, but it could also be interesting."

"Xena, one day I'm going to make you believe the unimaginable, you'll see" teased Mia.

As they neared the abandoned house, excitement was pumping through Mia.

Xena looked curiously at the building's façade, admiring its gothic styling. Then she noticed a figure leaning out a window.

"Have you noticed that?" Xena hesitantly asked.

Mia beamed broadly, believing they had already encountered something supernatural.

"It's most likely just our ghostly friend."

Xena shook her head and declared that she thought there might be a dangerous person inside.
They went upstairs to look around after entering the ominous hall. They looked through every room on the first level but came up empty-handed.

Suddenly they heard footsteps approaching from above on the second floor and they both glanced at one other in panic.

"Who's there?" Xena shouted.

From behind one of the doors above, a young man emerged and approached them.

He was tall, with his white skin, long light brown hair and pretty blue eyes looking like something out of a fairy tale.

"Who are you?" Mia asked curiously, as Felix looked at them with confusion.

"I don't know," he simply said. "Except for my name, Felix, I have no memory of anything."