CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT: MORE REVELATIONS

"Is Ryan your father? I thought your mother became pregnant through artificial insemination," Mia said surprised.

"I know this sounds like something out of a fucking soap opera, but it's reality," remarked Xena.

"When did you find out?"

Xena explained:

"Do you remember the day Ryan kidnapped me for that ritual where you had to drink my blood?"

"Of course, I remember!" Mia replied.

"When I awoke in Ryan's residence, he told me. He also said that if you became wild, he would defend me. Ha! That fucking monster would defend me from my girlfriend, whom I adore."

Xena's eyes welled with tears. Mia reached out to touch her, but Xena moved away.

"You still don't know everything," Xena noted.

"Tell me."

"My mother was there, and she confirmed everything."

Mia suddenly realized everything.

"Your mother was also a part of the Shadow Cult!"

"Yes, Mia. I'm the offspring of two monsters. At the very least, my mother does not become pregnant during the rite. Everything was explained to me. I was the outcome of a single night of sex. Then Ryan disappeared."

Mia wished to hug Xena, but she knew she would reject it.

"None of this matters, Xena. When I stated that my father was a member of the sect, you said so."

Xena smiled through her sorrow.

"At least your mother is innocent in this story."

Mia gathered confidence and declared:

"I love you, Xena. I do not care about your parents. I do not give a damn. I adore you and support you. You are the strongest woman I know, and I will ever support you."

Xena opened her arms to greet Mia. They remained together until dusk.

The day after, Xena approached her mother upon her return from the opening of her latest photographic exhibition.

"You've stolen my papers! I was so stupid, and then Amber shot Ryan, nearly killing him. I don't know what he did to save himself."

Laura remained calm and composed as she responded.