CHAPTER TEN: THERAPY AND EMOTIONS

Xena stood barefoot on the sandy beach, her toes sinking into the wet sand as the waves lapped at her feet. The morning sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon, casting a warm glow across the horizon. The sound of seagulls filled the air as she gazed out at the sea with a sense of awe. She had found a perfect spot on the jagged rocks near the picturesque Glouminster lighthouse, and she settled down, feeling the rough texture of the stone beneath her. This was once a peaceful place to reflect and relax, and even though it was the height of summer, it was still too early for the tourists that would inevitably fill the beach later in the day.

Xena couldn't get Rowena's words out of her head. It seemed absurd to her, but she didn't know what was wrong with her; that woman piqued her interest. She also hinted that she was a lesbian.

Xena laughed, she didn't think Rowena intended to flirt with her since the age difference was too great, but Rowena could give her advice, help her come out, and even talk to Mia about her thoughts, albeit with Mia and Felix's growing romance, it seemed difficult.

Despite her intense focus, Xena heard footsteps and readied her defence spray. As Xena heard the approaching footsteps, she became more aware. Suddenly, the person she least expected appeared.

"Mia, what are you doing here exactly?" Xena asked, feeling both surprised and relieved.

"Hey Xena, I came looking for you as we need to talk. I've missed you and value our friendship immensely."

Xena felt a warmth inside her, but she didn't let it show, not even in front of Mia.

"I don't want to bother you," she said.

Mia did not let Xena speak; instead, she hugged her friend passionately and kissed her on the cheek.
Xena returned the hug, her heart beating as she made touch with Mia's body. How often has Xena wished she could be in this position?

Mia said:

"I detest arguing with you, Xena. I understand that we've always been close and that you feel abandoned now that I spend more time with Felix, but aside from the fact that we're dating, he needs me. He is beginning to remember, and he is perplexed. I advised him to seek counselling, and he has an appointment today."

"I don't like arguing with you either, Mia. What did Felix recall?"

Mia refused to discuss Felix's alleged girlfriend. She was deeply hurt by her.

"It's something weird. However, it could be a memory."

Xena stated:

"I spoke with Rowena. She owns an occult shop in town. She offers a lot of rubbish and I'm not sure what rituals she sells, just shit, you know."

"And what did she tell you?"

Xena explained to Mia:

"She informed me that Felix is from another dimension and that he will have to return there soon."