CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: RYAN HAS FUN

When Arthur returned home, he found an unexpected visitor. Ryan was enjoying coffee with Melissa, who seemed happy. Arthur was taken aback by their presence together since he had never introduced them to each other.

"Arthur, see who has come in. It's Ryan, your former college roommate. Why didn't you tell me about him earlier? He's a true gentleman."

Melissa was so controlled by Ryan at the time that she couldn't remember being unhappy with Arthur.

"Why don't we talk over a drink somewhere, Ryan?" asked Arthur.

"You don't need to go," Melissa pointed out.

"I believe Arthur is right. It has been a joy to meet you, Melissa."

"Same. I hope to see you soon," said Melissa.

"I'm sure we'll see each other again," replied Ryan with a sly smile.

Arthur grabbed Ryan's arm and led him outside. After reaching a safe distance, a furious Arthur yelled:

"What in the world are you doing here? What do you expect of Mia? Please leave her alone."

"Your daughter is exquisite and extremely powerful."

Arthur tried to punch Ryan, but his dark magic knocked him to the ground. Arthur's eyes widened in shock as he realized Ryan's true intentions.

"Stay away from my daughter," he warned, his voice filled with anger and concern.

Ryan smirked and said:

"Your wife is amazing too."

"Don't you dare to touch her!"

"I wonder what your wife would think if she knew what you did in the Shadow Cult. What would she say if she knew you wanted me to sexually dominate you? She would be appalled."

Arthur stood up and said:

"That happened a long time ago, and you no longer have control over me."

Ryan burst into laughter.

"Right now, I am not interested in those types of relationships. Do not be concerned. You should be concerned about your marriage. I am confident you will run into problems soon."

Ryan walked away, leaving Arthur with questions.

That night, Ryan lingered outside Amber's home, waiting for her arrival. When Ryan heard her approach, he went around and covered her mouth. Then he turned her around. Amber was horrified when she spotted her worst enemy. She wanted to tell him everything she thought, but Ryan took over her thoughts and forced her to enter the building.

She struggled against Ryan's grip, but his hold was too strong. When they reached a dimly lit room, Ryan finally released her, but Amber realized she was still under his influence.

"What do you want from me?" she demanded, her voice trembling with a mixture of emotions. Ryan's eyes gleamed with a sinister light as he replied:

"I'm not going to do anything to you, or at least nothing that you don't want."

Amber attempted to punch him, but Ryan's enchantment froze her in place. Ryan's mysterious abilities were unsettling, and Amber couldn't shake the feeling of being trapped in a dangerous game. She knew she had to tread carefully if she wanted to escape his clutches unscathed.

"You're still beautiful, Amber. Besides, I had no idea you liked violence. I know you're in love with one of your attackers, Arthur. Who would have guessed?"

"You are a damned bastard. That is false. I have nothing to do with Arthur," Amber said furiously.

Ryan laughed aloud and walked away. Amber began to shiver violently, and all she could do to console herself was embrace herself firmly.

Mia was talking to Rowena in Rowena's World.

"Please, Rowena, explain the Purification Ritual to me."

"It's a very potent ritual. I know it can be tough for you in many ways, but you have the courage and strength to endure it."

Although scared, Mia understood the importance of doing the ritual.

"Rowena, I'll do it."