CHAPTER THIRTY: REACTIONS

The following day, Mia sauntered into the inviting kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee lingering in the air, ready to divulge her innermost thoughts to her mother.

"Do you have a moment to listen to what's happening in my life, Mom?"

Melissa smiled and asked Mia to join her at the table, saying:

"I am always available to you. How are you doing, honey?"

"What I'm about to tell you will sound unbelievable to you, but it's all true. Pay close attention."

Mia disclosed every detail to her mother, holding nothing back. Melissa was horrified by what she heard, and although she was skeptical about magic, Melissa decided to give her daughter's story a chance.

"I realize this seems absurd to you, and you must think I'm insane, but I'm going to show you that my abilities are true. It scares me because I still don't know how to handle them, but I'm going to try to move an object around the kitchen. Please do not move."

Mia waved her palm in front of a distant empty plastic bottle, causing it to fly into the air. Melissa was taken aback, and they both had to crouch behind the table to avoid being hit in the head with the bottle. When the danger had passed, they both sat in solitude once more. Mia stated:

"Now, do you believe me?"

"Indeed, Daughter. But I am taken aback. This is like stepping into a whole new world for me. I believed your father was hiding something from me."

"That is irrelevant. Now let me explain what I need to do next."

Melissa could only reply to Mia's explanation.

"To be honest, Mia, I'm concerned that you'll have to conduct that dangerous ritual. I hope Rowena knows what she's doing. You appear to have a lot of faith in that woman."

"Yes, mom, do not be concerned."

Melissa felt an urgency to discuss this matter with Arthur, feeling a deep concern that needed addressing.

Amber went to see Arthur at the real estate company. She had not heard from him since their last conversation.

"Please take your seat, Amber. Good to see you."

"There's no need to sit down. My visit will be fast. Before we continue, how are you doing?"

"Amber, I'm bad. My daughter knows I was a member of the Shadow Cult, and she despises me."

"It is normal for her to detest you. What you did was awful!"

"I understand. However, I can't take it when my daughter despises me."

Arthur grasped his head tightly between his hands. Amber approaches Arthur in the heat of the moment, and he embraces her, placing his head on Amber's abdomen.

Melissa arrived at that moment, intending to speak with Arthur about Mia. Standing by the open office door, uncertainty and apprehension washed over Melissa, causing hesitation. Melissa elected to go without saying anything because neither Arthur nor Amber, who had their backs to the door, saw her.

What no one knew was that Ryan had arrived at the office to see Arthur, and he enjoyed watching the chaos and intended to capitalize on it.

'If someone tells me something, I do not believe them. Amber is a greater bitch than I anticipated. She's fucking Arthur. Melissa, the writer and Arthur's wife, is the beautiful woman who has arrived. This information must be valuable to me in some way.'

Ryan left the real estate agency without speaking to Arthur.

Felix was at Rowena's apartment. He was joined by Xena. They are drinking coffee at a table.
Felix interrupted the silence by saying:

"What exactly do you want to tell me, Xena?"

"I have a relatively easy message for you. I am in a relationship with Mia. She is my girlfriend. And I want you to stay as far away from her as possible."

A sharp, piercing pain shot through Felix's chest, a physical manifestation of the emotional turmoil he was experiencing. Even though he had gone to his dimension and was with Terra, Mia was a beautiful memory for him, but now he was back, and she made him feel things. Felix felt bad about himself for everything, yet his feelings remained this way. He gathered his strength and spoke:

"I understand. I'm so glad Mia is happy and has someone who loves her as much as she deserves."

"I love her with all of my heart, and I'm not going to let you fool her with romantic drivel about you being her first love and so on. Do you understand it?"

"I understand, but I am not going to become involved. I'm currently with my girlfriend."

Xena stood up and grabbed Felix's shirt collar, saying:

"I hope all of that is true, you fucking bastard, or else you'll know what it's like to face Xena Blackwood."

Xena left abruptly, hiding her tears from Felix. After composing herself, Xena smiled, wiped her tears, and walked away, eager to reunite with her beloved girlfriend, Mia.