chapter 27: gone

ashes pov:

I don't know how Connie had convinced me to go shopping again but she managed to. Me and Connie where able to find a babysitter for Jax which was good. "You ready to go" Connie asked as she put in her earrings "yeah where are we even going though?" I asked her "I was thinking the mall but if you dont wanna go we don't have to" she said. "It's fine Connie we can go" "you sure?" She asked "yeah I'm sure" I said as I grabbed my car keys and walked out the door.

"Okay were here" I said as we pulled into the mall "damn that was quick" Connie said as she looked up from her phone. "Let's go inside" I said unbuckling my seatbelt and opening my door "okay let's go". "Damn this place is big" I said "I know where should we look around at first?" Connie asked "let's go to rue 21" I said. "I have an idea" "what's your idea?" "Can I pick a outfit for you?" Connie ask. "Okay then I don't see a problem with that"

"Damn this is actually pretty cute" I said looking at the mirror in the dressing room. "Yeah I knew it would" she said Connie had picked out a sage green crop top with matching baggy pants. I knew it was basic but I liked it, the color was pretty and it fit so I didn't see a problem with it. "Okay where do you want to go next?" I asked her "I don't know but two guys have been following us ever since we went into rue 21" She said. "Again god damnit let's just leave I don't want another problem" I told her as she nodded and we headed to the exit of the mall.

When we got to the car we both noticed they were still following us. "What the hell there right behind us" Connie whispered "I know just go ahead and get into the car I'll be there in a sec I have to put the bags away" I said handing her the keys "okay be careful" she said "I always am" I said as she got into the car. Connie got into the car and rolled down the window just in case "hey baby you come here alone" one of the guys said. He looked perverted and creepy but I didn't answer his question. "Look likes he doesn't wanna answer guys" " Connie I'll be back I'm going to go get something to drink" I said to her.

When I went to the vending machine I was relieved to see that the men weren't following me, that was until I saw a van behind me. The drink machine I was at was in a dark alleyway and the van was blocking the only exit. Just then three men walked up behind me and grabbed me one of them put there hand on my mouth so I couldn't scream as they put me in there van.

Connie's pov:

Ash had been gone for an hour and I got insanely worried, so without thinking I started the car and drove around to where the drink machines where just to find Ashes purse and house keys laying on the ground. "Shit, shit, SHIT!" I screamed before grabbing Ashes stuff from the ground before getting in the car and drive to the house.

When I got to the house I banged on the door so hard I thought I'd break the door down. "Hold on I'm coming" Nicholas said from behind the door "Connie? What's wrong where's Ash?" He asked. "He's gone he went to go get something to drink and now he's gone".