chapter 41: family

I'm skipping the honeymoon
I don't know how orphanages work

Week later at Ash and Nicholas's house

Narrator pov:

A week after there wedding Ash invited Connie to come over to talk and watch movies. "So do you guys plan on having kids" Connie asked Ash while Nicholas and Jason were at a meeting "I don't know, because I want kids Nicholas said he wants kids" Ash said holding Jax. "Well lets go to the orphanage and look at some" "Connie it's not like at the pound, these are kids were talking about" Ash said "the only way I will go is after Nicholas comes back, if we're adopting a kid we're doing it together" Ash said "okay fine".

3:20
When Nicholas arrived home

"I'm home" Nicholas said walking through the door "hi honey" Ash said "so do you remember the other day when we were talking about kids and stuff" Ash said "yeah what about it?" Nicholas asked. "Well I was thinking what if we go look at some adoption centers, just to look" "really!" Nicholas said excitedly "yeah, Connie was asked me if I wanted to go look at some but I thought it would be better to wait till you got back so we could go together" Ash said "okay let me go change" Nicholas said before rushing into the bedroom.

At the orphanage

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Nicholas asked as they arrived at the orphanage, "yeah I want to do this, now let's go". "Hi welcome to the little lives orphanage what are you guys looking for?" The lady at the front desk asked "umm looking for?" Ash asked "like what kind of kids" "oh umm can we meet some" "of course come this way" the lady said leading them to a small room.

"This is the oldest Riley she's 13" the lady said pointing to a girl with brown hair. "Hi I'm Riley these are my brothers Milo and Emmett" Riley said in a sweet tone "hi" Milo said hiding behind his older sister. "I'm Ash and this is my husband Nicholas, Ash said "how long have you guys been here?" "Nicholas" Ash said "I'm just asking" "oh no it's fine, we've been here for a couple months after Emmett was born are mom and dad died in a car accident so we got put in the orphanage there both" Riley said "I'm so sorry to hear that" Nicholas said "we'll be right back" Ash said pulling Nicholas outside. "Those kids are so cute, and they sound like good kids we should adopt them please" Ash said "are you sure children are hard to take care of" Nicholas said "I'm positive" "okay then".

Back in the orphanage

"So have you made your decision on which kid you want" the lady said at the front desk "um yeah we have chosen Riley and her siblings" Ash said a (I really don't know how orphanages work) "alright then I'll go tell them" the lady said walking to the small room.

Meanwhile the kids

"We're getting adopted!" Riley said excitingly "yup now pack your bags" the lady said "Milo come on let's pack" as the oldest sister Riley had to be the one to take care of her siblings. 'I can't believe we're actually getting all getting adopted' she thought while packing her siblings bags. "Okay were ready" Riley told the lady "okay then there waiting for you outside" she said pointing to the door.

"Nicholas there here" Ash said getting up from his seat "are you the people that are adopting us?" Riley asked "yes hi" Ash said before Riley rushed to hug him. "Thank you for adopting all of us" Riley said "oh you don't have to thank us" Ash said "so you guys got all your stuff?" "Yeah" Riley said "okay let's go".

______________________________________

Riley

Milo

Emmett