chapter 43: brother

8:30 am

Narrator pov:

When Nicholas woke up he noticed that the kids were in bed just not Ash, so he slowly got up and walked downstairs. "Good morning" Ash said putting his hair in a ponytail "Ash?" "Ash huh you haven't called me that since we got married" Ash said "also Robin asked me if we wanted to come over I haven't responded yet" Ash said  "yeah we should go so we can introduce the kids to the family" Nicholas said hugging Ash from behind. "Okay then I'm going to make breakfast so go get the kids up" Ash said "okay".

At Nicholas's family's house

"Hey honey" Robin said hugging Ash  as she opened the door "hey Nicholas who are these three cuties" Robin asked   pointing to Milo and Riley. "This is Riley, Milo, and Emmett" Ash said "and we adopted them" "holy shit I'm a grandma!" Robin yelled excitedly.

"Anyways Nicholas I've got something to tell you that your not going to like" Robin said "what?" Nicholas asked "Sebastian's back in town" "please tell me your lying" Nicholas said "wait who's Sebastian?" Ash asked "Nicholas hasn't told you?" Felix said "dad dont tell him anything" "no, Felix tell me" Ash demanded "fine Sebastian is my bother" Nicholas said. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BROTHER BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED!" Ash yelled "CAUSE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE UNDERSTOOD!" Nicholas yelled back "NICHOLAS WHAT WOULD I NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE A BROTHER!" ash yelled. "Okay honey calm down let's not fight in front of the kids" Nicholas said "FINE IM GOING FOR A DRIVE!" ash yelled grabbing his keys from his purse.

Ashes pov:

I didn't know where I was going all I knew was that I didn't want to be buy Nicholas, and if there was any place that could calm me down was the bookstore by my house. When I arrived I parked the car and went inside. I found a lot of books that I like but there was one book that I just couldn't reach the one, "shit" I mumbled trying to get the book "need some help?" A deep voice said behind me "yeah if you wouldn't mind" I said before he grabbed the book and gave it to me.

"Here you go" the man said "thank you, so you new to town I've never seen you around here" I said "no I actually grew up here, but I moved a couple years ago" he said "same, I'm
but I still live here" I responded "so you got a boyfriend?" The man asked "no, actually I have a husband and three kids Riley's the oldest, Milos the middle child, and Emmett is the youngest" I said "I should probably go back home thanks for talking to me" "your welcome bye" the man said before I left.

Back at home

When I got back to Nicholas's family's house I felt like shit, it was my fault that we started fighting and infront of the kids I had to apologize to all of them. "Hey honey you okay?" Robin asked as she opened the door "yeah I'm sorry you had to see me so mad" I said hugging her "it's okay but you should really be apologizing to Nicholas and the kids" "I know, where is Nicholas and the kids anyway?" I asked her "well Nicholas is in his bedroom and the kids are outside in the backyard".

Narrator pov:

"Hey" Ash said walking Nicholas's room "I'm sorry that I got so mad" "it's fine" Nicholas said "no its not, I was the one who started the fight and now your mad" Ash said "honey I'm not mad at you it was my fault I should've told you sooner I'm sorry" Nicholas said grabbing Ashes hand. "It's okay Nikki, can we just lay down for a minute and just talk about your brother" Ash said "I guess" Nicholas said laying down with Ash.

"Me and my brother had a good relationship with each other when we were kids. When we were twelve we learned about the family business he thought he'd get  it because he was older but I got it, so he was pissed. He started yelling and screaming about how he was older and he was better so when he was 18 mom kick him out, and he's held a grudge on me ever since. Sometimes I get scared that he's going to take you and the kids away from me" Nicholas said. "That's horrible, but as long as we're married I will not let anything happen to you or the kids" Ash said cuddling up against Nicholas until they fell asleep.

5:00

When Nicholas woke up Ash was still asleep so he quietly got out of bed and went outside, before hearing people talking in the other room. "So is Nicholas here?" A male voice said "yeah but he's asleep" his mom said before Nicholas walked out. "Oh here he is" his mom said "hey little brother".