Part 1: Chapter 6

George pov

It was around midday and Clay was taking a nap on the couch while I scoured the house for easily accessible sharp objects.

I felt the need to protect Clay. He was my friend.

"Are you alright?" Ken asked behind me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say absentmindedly. The response rolled off my tongue at the subconscious acknowledgement of the question, not even thinking about exactly how I'm feeling, or what's been happening.

He didnt ask me how I was feeling.

He didnt ask me what was going on in my life.

Because he didnt want to know.

He was there to see my life every day, but he didnt really care how I was taking it. Otherwise, he would have asked me.

"Alright then. How are you feeling?" his whisky voice takes me by surprise with the words it uttered.

I froze, ceasing all movement as my eyes closed.

How was I feeling?

"Broken." I say, my voice cracking like the physique I thought was indestructible.

"Why?" he asks me, his tall figure walking in front of me, his face attempting to show emotion but his eyes remaining involuntarily dead as they gazed at me.

"If Clay dies, so do I. You know how much i wanted to follow you all these years. I've always followed you everywhere. I've trusted that where you went was the best place for me, too. But you won't let me. I'm conflicted, Ken.

"I've always obeyed you without question, but it's hard to do that now that I question my every motive for every movement and choice I make.

"'I've always followed you blindly, but the one time you go to a place that's actually an escape from all the pain that keeps coming, I cant come?

"Now I have Clay and I feel better because I have someone to care for."

Ken raises his eyebrow.

"You've known him for two days. You're basing your life on him?"

"Yes, Ken, because he's my friend, the only one I have left, despite the amount of time he's been here. I would have ended it on your birthday. I was seconds from going to that exact same bridge and jumping when he walked into my life.

"A life for a life, we've both been saved. Despite whether or not we want it, our lives are linked. I cant explain it, but i can feel it. We wont be able to live without the other, and I'm determined to live for Dream.

"He deserves to live, and he's the last thing I have to live for. I have to live for my friend."

The truth was, I understood perfectly fine why we would both follow each other into death.

Guilt.

The one thing holding me back from living my life.

The thing that had me chained to this apartment.

The thing that had me chained to my bed before I gained the courage to ask the voice for a little more range, being granted the ability to leave the pain filled apartment.

As I walk around the space peering in detail at everything, memories attack me once more.

There was the sofa that Ken used to sprawl himself out in durring our movie nights.

Next to the tv and bookshelf is where he'd always hide when he was loosing during our fights.

The curve of the counter was where he sat when he taught me to cook.

I wipe my eyes, returning to the living room where my friend slept peacefully.

If I could just keep that expression on his face forever, I would be content. I would be fine gazing at the raise of his blonde eyebrows and earnest expression.

If I could hear the giggles I'd managed to cause the other night more, I could feel happiness. He had a really nice laugh, it was sorta cute.

If I could help him to feel this relaxed around me, I would feel accomplished.

I sat down on the couch across from him, laying down on the armrest and covering myself up with a throw blanket.

I continued to peer at the boy across from me, studying his features.

I hear Ken clear his voice from behind the couch Clay was laying on. He was smirking suggestively.

I roll my eyes at him, turning my back to the two and falling asleep.

Surprise!

I surprised you guys with another chapter!

I think that makes, like 6 chapters and over 7000 words in one day, so yeah...

Anyway, hope you enjoyed.

This one is a short one bc my wrist is now hurting like a bitch.

I enjoyed talking to you guys today.

Also, strwbrriekitty, there was almost no angst in this chapter, so ha.

I wont be spoiling anything this book, so you guys will never expect the ending to this book. It could be sad, happy, bittersweet, or even a cliffhanger for all you know.

I'll post again tomorrow.

Signing off with a bitchy wrist, Diosa

826 pathetic words