Part 2: Chapter 42

George pov

I was sat at the kitchen counter after school, trying to do my homework, cursing quietly at the angles property review sheet I had in front of me.

I hated math, and I always would.

Anyone who liked doing math needed to be punished.

But, I realized with a sigh, if everyone that was good at the task was punished, there would be no one to help me with my own.

Clay was taking a nap on the couch, worn out from his day at school and Astro was at work.

I hadnt seen him since I'd beaten him...

I shake my head, trying to refocus on the mundane assignment before me.

Moments later, I'm distracted once more by the dirty-blonde haired male I lived with walking into the room, rubbing his eyes with the hem of his hoodie, and brushing his hair out of his face with his opposite hand.

His eyes were tired, but a sparkling green shade I'd never seen them become.

I loved it.

"Hi, Clay." I say, trying not to allow myself to become further distracted with his presence.

"Mmm... hello, darling." He's hugging me from behind his face burried into my shoulder, cuddling into me with a newfound clingy need in his sleepiness.

My heart melted.

"What are you up to?" he asks, mumbling. I could tell he was drifting back to sleep, even though he was standing behind me.

"Trying to figure out this homework. It'll be the death of me, I swear." I say, my vice deadpanned.

"What homework are you having trouble on?" he asks sweetly, blinking the tiredness out of his eyes and preparing himself to help me.

"Math." I mutter the word as though it's a curse, which in my mind, it is.

"Oh, darling, that's easy. How are you having trouble with it?" he asks rhetorically, his eyes alight once more, sitting down and pulling my worksheet towards him, beginning to write down answers to the questions I'd been pondering for minutes long in quick succession.

"There at go." he says, self pride shining in his voice as he slides the paper easily back under my grasp.

"Those should be correct. Do you have any more homework?"

I'm sat in awe, unable to think of what to say in my amazement.

"How am I ever going to get as good as you are if you do it all for me?" I quip with a smile, at a loss of any other words.

He laughs, smiling and leaving a quick peck on my lips as he stands up.

"You dont have to worry." he says, holding his hand out for me to take. "I'll always be here to do it for you."

I take his hand, smiling back at him. Unlike the last time he'd promised me that he wasnt going to kill himself, we both believed his words.

We both had too much to die for now.

"Are you done with all of your homework?" he asks once more.

"Yeah," I say, standing up and stretching my back, recieving multiple satisfying pops of my joints.

"Alright, then, please come cuddle?" Clay's voice turns to a whine quickly,

I laugh softly, nodding my head at the golden-haired boy in front of me, overcome with a feeling of nostalgia and care.

We were now in our bed, the curtains closed against the rushing wind outside.

It was still where we lay, his hand on my waist, his arm bracing my back. My head on his chest, my hand in his hair.

It was still like it hadnt been in two years and I loved it.

Maybe I didnt want to punish everyone good at math.

Alright, I wrote for you guys again cause I felt bad.

I got the five chapters out despite this one being rlly short, and I'm sorry that it is short.

I luv u all.

I hope you're all enjoying this book so far, *whispers* because the worst is yet to come.

We've got about 18-17 chapters to go, so this book will be done in a few days, at the most maybe three.

Much luv 🫶