Part 2: Chapter 38

Ken pov

~time skip he''s 17~

I was on my way back home from school, if that house could even be called that.

In fact, I wouldn't even call it a house. It did nothing to shield us from the storms that shook the walls of the comfort of my little brother and I.

I shake my head, not willing to go on a rant about my disposition about the place I was temporarily forced to reside.

I had one more year.

I was almost old enough.

I almost had enough.

I was so sick and tired of where I was.

I was so tired of seeing George hurt whenever I returned home.

I walked inside, the bright blue door of the house giving a false sense of happiness that could never coat the hearts of the people inside.

The people inside.

My mother.

My father.

My step father.

None of them were my family.

George was the only one I was concerned for.

I walked through the living room, noticing that the house was silent, uncanny in comparison to the screams that usually were able to be heard from outside.

I walked cautiously through the kitchen, seeing the counters sparkle.

The dining room was empty, and it didnt smell of mother's cigarettes.

Were they out?

I assumed my stepfather was still at work, and it was likely that my father was out with friends once again, but my mother never left the house.

She was always high, always screaming, always looking for some sexual pleasure.

But she never cared.

She didnt give a damn about the many times I'd been blood soaked and battered.

She didnt glance twice at me the week I'd spent on the floor in the kitchen, near death.

She didnt care.

But when I checked her bedroom beside the stairs, I heard her hissing menacing words to someone.

It had to be George.

I walked into the room, clenching my jaw, schooling my face into indifference when her brown eyes met mine.

I was still terrified of her, her voice always sending chills down my spine from its constant screams ringing forever in my ears.

"What are you doing?" she asked, standing up from where she was kneeled in front of my brother, trying to seem as though she hadnt done anything.

Bullshit behavior.

"Getting George." I say, my voice monotonous and flat.

I turn to the brunette sat on the floor, his eyes horrified as they looked at me, his head ducked down to his hands, pressing them against his ears.

I allowed my face to soften at the sight of him.

I'd promised he would be hurt as I had.