Part 1: Chapter 20

George pov (these next 5 chapters will be small but minimally significant moments from the next 3 days)

I was sitting in my bedroom with Clay, cushioned by the mattress as he held me close to him.

We'd not separated for even a moment since our moment in the kitchen and had decided on watching movies all day instead of playing the WII like we'd planned.

It was nice, being in Dream's arms with Ken at my side, his hand placed on my shoulder like always.

I felt safe, and I felt comforted for the first time in 2 years.

Ken had brought the sense of security that I had always longed for when we were children, and it was ripped away when he died, despite him haunting me to continue to bring me companionship.

Now I had Clay, the person I'd like to call my boyfriend, but I knew we couldnt do that.

My head was laying upon his chest and his arm was wrapped around the small of my back, our breaths the synchronized rise and fall of tranquility.

We were watching Princess Diaries 2 for whatever reason, laughing softly at the drama displayed and roasting the characters for their admittedly stupid and reoccurring decisions.

It was calm, the slow falling raindrops pattering on the windows, reminding us that neither one was in pain or saddness.

I felt whole again; I couldnt hate the world when there was so much in it I wanted to do with Dream.

I could hate people, however.

If anything, I despised everyone that much more because of what they had done to my life, the way they caused Ken his, and the broken remnants they'd left Clay to live with.

I snuggled into the blonde's neck more, inhaling his scent, sugary and sweet, like spring in the air or pollen on my tongue.

The room grew dark quickly, but the two of us made no movement to indicate we were going to get up and make food or return to our separate rooms.

We sat together, talking in the comfort of each other's embrace.

"Dream?" I say, prompting him to turn his gaze to me with a relaxed expression.

"Yeah?"

"Let's go cook, I want something good to eat." I say, sliding out of his grasp with a grin growing on my face.

Following my lead, our trip to the kitchen was filled with giggles and laughter from Clay as I nearly pulled him into a wall repeatedly.

"What do you want to make?" Dream asks, hopping onto the counter and looking down at his phone briefly.

"Uhh.. how do you feel about spaghetti?" I ask, opening the fridge to check for ingredients.

"Sure," the blonde hops off the counter, walking towards a cupboard and grabbing a small pot before filling it up halfway with water, placing it down on the stove and turning the heat to low.

We were quiet as we moved around each other, cooking and sneaking smiles and glances, momentary holding hands before one of us walked away.

It was nice and strangely nostalgic, the way he poured a pinch of salt into the water when it began to boil, leaving me to put in a small bowl of log noodles.

We worked together well, not a word being shared, yet communicating perfectly so that when he drained the light yellow noodles of their water and rinsed them off, I was out of the way, opening a jar of sauce to pour in.

Neither one of us needed to hear the other ask to cuddle on the couch as we resumed our movie over dinner, soon to be falling asleep to each other's slow and steady breaths.

I hoped I'd never have to lose this.

Holy crap I'm too hyper to be writing this calm shit.

I need, like, a day at the arcade or something, but noooooo. I had to make them both hate the outdoors so now they have to stay inside.

I hate my past self, but what else is new?

4 chapters of this fluffy shit to go and then we'll be on part 2 of the book. It wont be a sequel, but... you'll see.

I love you all, I'm sorry that I didnt say it in my last uploads, but I do hope you're having a good day, night, evening, morning, afternoon, midmorning, noon, midnight, dusk, dawn, and every time in between.

You all deserve happiness, and I hope you've found it/ will find it.

Give your best original quotes here bc Elmo will sneak into your bed tonight if you dont

I want to be all of u guy's friends!

WOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

771 words lets GoGOooooooooOOOAo