Part 2: Chapter 54

George pov

We were walking around town, the early morning city air cold and foggy.

My hand was in Clay's, interlocked at the fingers with the promise of never letting go.

At this point, our relationship held no fears, no anxiety over the other's deeply required love, no second thoughts about whether it would end.

Because it would never end.

As long as we were both on this earth, it would never end.

It was a promise that we now saw was held in the simple words 'will you be my boyfriend'.

I was Clay's boyfriend, proud to be at his side, forever.

Boy friend.

A friend who's a boy, but so much more than that.

A lover.

We shared a love that could be fantasized about, written about, but without experiencing it, a thought could only explain very little about what it was actually like.

What it was like to love someone.

Love isn't only a feeling between Clay and I, it was our promise, and it was our way of getting through the worst times of our lives together.

We were still human, still able to feel things other than the bleeding affection we shared: anger, hate, sadness... depression.

But our love was a promise, something to remain consistent and something to come back to whenever other emotions were present.

I looked to my left, up into my boyfriend's face, taking in his blonde hair, darkened in the weak skylight. I gazed intently at his eyes, trained to the pathway ahead of him, and I noticed the small smirk dancing around his lips, telling me that he had noticed my admiration.

I couldnt help but smile back as I turned my eyesight back to the world in front of me, enjoying the newfound peace that we'd earned and waited so goddamned long for.

"What are you thinking about?" Clay asks, sliding me out of my thoughts and into the bliss that was hearing his honeyed voice.

"Just us." I say easily.

"Oh?" he says, a gesture for me to elaborate.

"Yeah, just about how we are still together. We're still here." I let out a loose laugh, still processing the incredibility of the situation.

"I know!" Clay's energy was always a match for my own, his heart always following the instinct of my own, and vice versa, exchanging ideals almost, the push and pull of the tides, argumentative and different, yet molded into the ocean nonetheless.

We arrived at the ice cream parlor, the light pink chairs vibrant against the dirty grey cobbled sidewalk, still dimmed in color at the early time of day.

We walked over to the chairs, taking a seat opposite each other, waiting for the shop to open at ten o' clock as it always did.

It had become a pastime, a symbol of infatuation to stare at each other, emerald eyes never leaving dusty brown, looking at each other as though we would never grow bored or tired of the other's gaze, emotions flying between the colored pupils.

I dont know when it happened, but the shop owner passed by us, walking into the shop to open it up.

It was well past midday when we looked away, noticing the shop overflowing with couples crazy enough to get ice cream in the end of November.

"I didnt know so many people would want a frozen treat while they're frozen." Clay remarks, speaking my thoughts aloud.

"They must be as crazy as we are." I laugh.

"No one could be as crazy as I am about you." he says, not missing a beat.

"Shut the fuck up." I say as we pause at the doors of the ice cream parlor.

"Mmm. No, I dont really think I can." he whispers, brushing hair off of my forehead. "I'm to proud that you're mine to be quiet about it."

We smile at each other, almost getting lost in each other once again before the blonde speaks again.

"Let's go out for lunch." he says, taking my hand in his and kissing it briefly. "It's way too cold for ice cream anyway." he says, leading me away.

Alright, I know full well that it's short, but there's a reason.

It's actually, embarssingly past my bedtime. My mum thinks I need fucking 11 hours of sleep each night, so she makes me go to bed at 8:30. Gods.

I will write and post more tonight, but I have to 'go to bed' now.

I just wanted to get this out to you guys bc I'd rather wait for her to go to sleep so I can write while reading you guys' comments and reactions rather than alone, cold, and listening to another audiobook.

Yeah... my sad life before Wattpad.

You guys make everything better, I'm so glad I have friends like you guys honestly. Even if you're a silent reader, I appreciate you.

Much, much luv 🫶

814 words

😙