Epilogue

Epilogue

Constellation

"H-hello, Sky... Please, c-come here"  Cassandra's weak voice greeted me when I answered her call.

"I'm with my girlfriend, Cassandra. We already talked about this, right?" I answered, slightly annoyed.

I understand her but sometimes it's getting too much. I've been breaking all of my promises with Estella. I am lost, I don't want her to leave me, but I know I'm being an asshole.

"Y-yeah, sorry" she ended the call. I sighed and waited for Estella to finish taking a bath.

From Mrs. Ledezma

I'm sorry, hijo, but can you please
come here? Cassandra needs you
right now.

I didn't mind it at first, but when their threats started coming back into my head, it got me paranoid. I stood up and walked back and forth inside Estella's dorm.

They're not threatening me anymore, my parents already talked to them and warned them. Though I was still there —  the moment when their man aimed their gun at me.

"Saan ka?" She asked. I don't want to leave her but I'm scared of  what Ledezma can possibly do if I didn't go to see Cassandra.

"Sorry, love. I have to go. She's looking for me"  I said. I'm afraid of her reaction.

"Bukas na lang tayo mag review, tutulungan din kita sa im's mo." I kissed her forehead.

"Palagi ka na nyang hinahanap 'no?" She bitterly uttered. I was hurt when she took her hands away from my grip, and started drying her hair again.

"Naiintindihan ko. Sige na, umalis ka na" ngumiti siya ng tipid sa akin. Her eyes don't lie. She was hurting... Because of me. "Ako na lang mag-isa ang mag-aaral. Hindi mo rin naman responsibilidad 'to.  Kaya ko naman, Sky." She added without looking at me.

At that moment, something made me say hurtful things to her.

"You're guit-tripping me" I  accused. She looked at me unbelievably.

"I am not. Ang sinasabi ko lang ay pwede ka ng umalis kasi kaya ko namang aralin ito ng wala ka! Anong pinagsasasabi mo?" Her voice was calm but her eyes said differently.

"What do you want me to do then? You want me to ignore he, and be with you just to do these petty things?" It's not me! I would never say those words! I badly wanted to take it back but my mind was in chaos.

"Okay, I'll stay, that's what you want, right? All right, give me that fucking paper, and let's study." I harshly grabbed the paper on her hand.

"My Lesson Plan"  She whispered while her tears were falling.

Parang may sumuntok sa dibdib ko dahil sa nakita. Pinauwi niya ako noong gabi na iyun. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko lalo na at narinig ko ang lahat ng hinaing niya. Hindi ako pumunta sa hospital kagaya ng unang balak. Pumunta ako sa lugar na pinuntahan namin ni Estella at ibinuhos lahat ng sakit. Nagsisigaw ako sa bakanteng lote habang sinasaktan ang sarili dahil nasaktan ko na naman siya. Nasaktan ko na naman ang babaeng mahal ko.

"Dad?" I answered his calls. Kanina pa siya tumatawag kaya sinagot ko na.

"Umuwi ka anak, may kailangan tayong pag usapan." Pagkasabi niyan ay agad akong umalis at pumunta sa bahay.

"Post-traumatic stress disorder" Mr. Miller said.

"Stop playing around. Mom, dad, you called me for this nonsense?" My teeth clenched that made my jaw tighten.