-+#10

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

My eyes slowly fluttered open, the haze of sleep receding as I squinted to adjust to the bright classroom light. As my vision cleared, I realized my teacher was diligently writing on the board, engrossed in her lesson. I let my gaze drift away from her, my eyes instinctively drawn to the clock hanging obediently on the wall. It read 3:40, indicating that a significant amount of time had slipped away unnoticed. I was jolted into the realization that I had been dozing off the whole class, completely oblivious to the passing of time and the material being taught.

While the escapism of slumber had provided a temporary respite from the monotony of lectures, my neck vehemently protested against the prolonged strain. I leaned my head back against the uncomfortable chair, hoping to alleviate the nagging pain. It felt as if my neck had been contorted into an unnatural position, much like a bent straw that retains its shape after being flexed for an extended period.

The school day seemed to pass by in a blur, and before I knew it, I found myself moving toward the end of the day. With Jungwon seated behind me. I noticed Min-ho had gotten his desk moved to avoid any sort of violence. My eyes scanned around the room before finding him, he was seated across the classroom and next to this teacher's desk. As the weariness settled in once again, I succumbed to the heaviness of my head, my eyes threatening to close. It was then that I felt a sudden flick on my forehead, and my eyes shot open, wide with surprise. Jungwon had gotten up to get a tissue and used this opportunity to tease me with a mischievous smile playing on his lips. He had taken it upon himself to jolt me awake, teasingly reminding me to stay alert during class.

A surge of annoyance coursed through me, directed at Jungwon for his playful yet irritating interruption. He knew how much I struggled to stay awake, and his action only served to further rile me up. I shot him a disapproving glare, silently scolding him for his impish behavior. Jungwon grabbed a tissue, pretended to use it, and threw it away. It was obvious he had only gotten up to wake me up.

Just as I began to immerse myself in the subject matter, I felt a sudden jolt as a foot collided with mine under the desk. Surprised, I glanced in front of me to see Jungwon walking back to his desk. He had kicked me on his way back. Jungwon, as always, was wearing a mischievous smirk, his eyes filled with playful mischief. His actions were undoubtedly intended to distract me, but I wasn't in the mood for his antics. Reacting instinctively, without a second thought, I retaliated by delivering a swift, hard kick to the back of his shin just before he made it to his desk.

Jungwon let out a pained groan, quickly covering his mouth to stifle any noise that could attract unwanted attention. Unfortunately for him, our teacher happened to notice the commotion and inquired about the cause of his discomfort. Caught off guard, Jungwon swiftly concocted a lie, claiming that he urgently needed to use the restroom. The class couldn't help but stifle their laughter, as it was blatantly obvious he was fibbing.

Unperturbed by the situation, the teacher allowed Jungwon to leave for the bathroom. As he walked out of the classroom door, he shot me a piercing glare, his annoyance clearly evident. In response, I simply held his gaze, unyielding and unapologetic for my retaliatory action.
"You started it." I mouthed, he rolled his eyes before stepping out of the classroom.

As I forced myself to shake off the remnants of drowsiness, courtesy of Jungwon's flick on my forehead, I redirected my attention to the lesson being delivered by the teacher. Determined to make the most of the remaining class time, I focused intently, absorbing the information and diligently jotting down notes.

+*___________*+
10th chapter

Hello my loves, how are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

I don't want summer to end. Schools in two months.
I love sleeping in

Question of the chapter
Would you rather be rich but sad or happy but poor?
Me: Rich and sad obv

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave a mermaid emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3
+*_____________________*+