-+#31

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

After our intense match against the boys' soccer team, the girls' team decided to celebrate our victory by grabbing some ice cream. Surprisingly, we invited the boys' team too, acknowledging their great effort. As we walked to the ice cream shop, Jungwon and I found ourselves trailing behind the larger group.

"Did you see that save I made? I dove like a cat!" Jungwon grinned, reminiscing about the moment. I suspected he was trying to boost his spirits after losing to our team.

"Oh, come on, Jungwon. Don't let your ego soar. You got lucky!" I played along, pretending as if his team had won. He playfully glared at me, seeing through my act.

"Lucky? Nah, it's pure skill. But hey, speaking of cats..." Jungwon's words made me sigh, knowing where this was going.

"Here we go again. Are we going to discuss your little secret?" I gave him an expectant look. He chuckled softly, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Hey, I trust you, okay? You won't tell anyone, right?" He looked up from the floor, his eyes pleading.

"Relax, Jungwon. Your secret is safe with me." I reassured him, giving his shoulder a reassuring pat.

"Thanks, I appreciate that. It's not something I can share with just anyone." Jungwon sighed in relief.

"I understand. It's a part of who you are, and I won't betray your trust. But if you need me to stick around, I will." I smiled, surprised by my own act of kindness. It was as if my words were guided by the desperate look in his eyes.

"You'd do that for me? I didn't think you had it in you." Jungwon teased, flashing his teeth with a playful grin.

"Well, surprise, surprise. I can be a decent person when I want to be." I replied, scoffing.

Jungwon let out a small laugh before speaking up, "I guess I'm starting to see that side of you now. Who knew?"

As we continued walking, observing our teammates bonding, I noticed Hanni turning back from the group to give me a gentle smile. I smiled back before she resumed her friendly conversation with the coach. The setting sun painted the sky, offering a calming sight.

Lost in my thoughts, I began to realize that Jungwon genuinely appreciated this kinder side of me, even though I wasn't known for being particularly nice to him.

On our way to the ice cream shop, the air was filled with the delightful sound of our laughter and the exchange of playful banter. With each step we took, our conversations grew livelier, and the teasing remarks we tossed back and forth only added to the excitement.

As we finally arrived at the ice cream shop, our team gathered together, eagerly placing their orders. Standing side by side in line, Jungwon and I continued our lively exchange. Suddenly, a thought struck me, and I turned to him, looking up with concern in my eyes. Pausing mid-sentence, I gently placed the back of my hand on his forehead, feeling the warmth that remained from his earlier fever. His eyes widened at the unexpected gesture, and a soft pink blush colored his cheeks, but I paid no mind to it. Instead, I frowned at the idea that he might be sick because of me, quickly retracting my hand.

"I'll pay for our ice creams. It will be my treat. Maybe the cold sweetness will help ease your fever," I mumbled, the words laced with a tinge of guilt. I wanted to treat him to ice cream as a way to make up for feeling responsible for his illness.

"Are you sure about that? Or are you secretly hoping for a discount because of your victory?" Jungwon smirked, his teasing manner never fading away. He knew how to playfully challenge me, always turning it to his advantage.

"Ha, very funny. I can afford it, you know. Besides, it's a celebration, and everyone deserves a scoop of happiness, even you," I replied, feigning a sarcastic smile as I gave his back a half-hearted pat. He should be grateful that I'm buying the ice cream, not teasing me about it. I clicked my tongue in mock annoyance before shifting my attention to the menu.

When I lightly hit his back, he responded with a small "ow."

Patiently waiting in line, our turn finally arrived. I stood in front of the cashier, ready to place my order. "I'll have a Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, please, and a Chocolate ice cream for him," I said, my voice calm and composed. The cashier took note of our order, and as she finished, she announced the price. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the cash, ready to pay.

"I was told to give the captains free ice cream. Your coach will be covering the cost. Your coach wanted me to tell you that you deserve it for your hard work," the old cashier said with a warm smile. My eyes widened in surprise, and I turned to Jungwon, who mirrored my expression. Quickly regaining my composure, I transformed my shock into gratitude.

"If that's the case, please take this as a tip for serving all of our teammates," I said, feeling a sense of guilt since she was the only person working in the store. The old lady gave me a soft smile, accepting the money graciously. I returned her smile as she handed me the receipt and our ice creams.

"Looks like we're in luck. Free ice cream and a newfound generous side of you. Not bad," Jungwon remarked, a mischievous smile playing on his lips as he took a bite of his ice cream with his lips, shielding his sensitive teeth from the coldness of the ice cream. I smiled, savoring the moment of connection we shared over how we eat ice cream, before shaking myself out of my thoughts, and realizing what he had just said.

"Don't get used to this side of me. It'll be gone tomorrow," I replied, taking a bite of my own ice cream.

We sat at separate tables with our respective teams, stealing secret glances at each other whenever we thought no one was watching.

+*___________*+
31st chapter

Hello my loves, how are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
Fav sweet treat?
Me: Ice cream!

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave an ice cream emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+