-+#49

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

We walked out of the apartment building, side by side, the spring breeze gently brushing against our cheeks. A thing about my apartment was that it was conveniently located near everything, including the ice cream shop. It was just a short walk away, and we took our time, enjoying each other's company and the anticipation of the day ahead.

Once we arrived at the ice cream shop, our eyes widened as we saw everyone already gathered there. Sunoo and Hanni spotted us and made their way over, their faces lighting up with excitement.

"Finally, we can eat Mint Choco and actually talk this time!" Sunoo exclaimed, reminiscing about the ice cream we had with our teams but didn't get a chance to chat.

I smiled and nodded, giving Sunoo a warm hug before pulling Hanni into one as well. My gaze shifted to the big group sitting at a table—it was the boys from Jungwon's team that I had met before.

I waved at them, and they waved back before I walked closer to the table where Jungwon was sitting. I positioned myself between Sunoo and Jungwon, while Hanni took a seat across from me, preferring to speak from a distance.

"Hey Ji-yoon, care to tell us about the rumor that's been going around at school?" Niki smirked, shooting me an expectant look.

I raised an eyebrow, tilting my head slightly in confusion. Jungwon seemed to be aware of this rumor as well, judging by the way he hid his face in his hands, clearly embarrassed by his friends' spontaneous question.

"The dating rumor between you and Jungwon. We saw you two at lunch yesterday, and you guys keep walking home together," Niki said with a proud smile, relishing in the revelation.

Speechless, I looked at Jungwon, searching for any clue that he knew about this, but he was avoiding eye contact, making it clear that he did.

"That's not true," I managed to stutter, waving my hands in front of my face in denial.

"You guys even walked together," Heeseung chimed in, resting his head on his palm as he gave Jungwon and me a mischievous smirk.

Letting out a sigh, I realized it wouldn't be easy to convince them that we weren't dating.

"Even if we were, it has nothing to do with you," Jungwon suddenly spoke up, causing all eyes at the table to shift toward him. My eyes widened as he grabbed my wrist, urging me to stand so we could go order our ice cream since everyone else had already placed their orders. My gaze remained fixed on Jungwon, and my hand didn't leave his grasp.

"You're going to give them the wrong idea," I voiced my concern, waiting for someone to come and help us at the cashier.

"And? Who cares if they do?" Jungwon replied, looking away from the menu to lock eyes with me.

My mouth gaped open, but no words came out. Just then, a lady approached to assist us at the counter.

"We'll have one Mint Chocolate ice cream and one Chocolate ice cream, please," Jungwon ordered, not wasting any time. The lady announced the price, and before I could even reach for my wallet, Jungwon swiftly handed his card to the woman.

My eyes widened in surprise, swatting my hand away from his grasp as I tried to grab my wallet. But it was too late—the transaction had already been completed by the time I pulled out my card. Jungwon chuckled at my futile attempt, playfully ruffling my hair before walking back to the table. This man truly knew how to leave me speechless.

As we returned to the table with our ice cream in hand, the conversation among our friends resumed. Laughter and banter filled the air as we shared stories and caught up on each other's lives, the joyful atmosphere enveloping us. It felt like we were in our own little world, savoring the sweetness of friendship and the delicious ice cream that adorned our taste buds.

+*___________*+
49th chapter

Hello my loves, how are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
Fav chore?
Me: Vacumming

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave ice cream emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+