-+#17

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

The room was filled with a heavy silence, and my mind racing. It was as if time stood still, the only sound being the rhythmic sound of my own breathing. I let out a heavy sigh, my hands running through my hair in an attempt to calm the whirlwind of emotions inside me. My thoughts began to retrace to where it all started, when I found him under a car, letting out cries of distress as the storm surrounded his shelter. It made me wonder if he was genuinely scared that day.

Jungwon, sensing my inner turmoil, spoke up, his voice hesitant yet filled with sincerity. "When I'm in my cat form, sounds resonate much louder in my ears than they do for humans," he began, his voice tinged with a hint of vulnerability. "Thunderstorms, for instance, become unbearable. But when I'm in human form, I can handle it better."

I turned slowly, my gaze fixated on him, trying to come to terms with his explanation. It was difficult to reconcile the terrified cat I had rescued from the rain with the confident and mischievous human standing before me. The noises behind me had ceased, signaling that his transformation was complete. My skepticism lingered as I spoke up, my voice laced with doubt.

"I thought you couldn't read my mind when you're in human form. How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked, my eyes narrowing as I searched for answers.

A soft chuckle escaped Jungwon's lips, his smirk returning once again. "I can't read your mind, just wanted to bring up the topic since there's going to be a storm later," he explained, fastening his belt. "Ah, it seems Shin Ji-Yoon is thinking about me." His playful grin and fixed gaze on me only added to the enigma that was Jungwon. He effortlessly slipped on his jacket, seemingly unfazed by the chaos he had caused.

Clicking my tongue in annoyance, I grabbed his wrist, urging him to leave my room so I could change. As I closed the door, the realization suddenly hit me like a bolt of lightning. He was still in human form, and my parents were home. Panic surged through me once again, and I flung the door open, my eyes widening with fear. Jungwon, on the other hand, seemed to be aware of the situation but paid it no mind. He casually tucked his hands into his pockets, a smirk dancing on his lips.

Frantically, I grasped his wrists, pulling him inside, my heart pounding in my chest. Relief washed over me as I realized that my parents hadn't crossed paths with him; they were still asleep, blissfully unaware of the chaos that had ensued. Pointing towards the window, I silently urged Jungwon to make a swift exit, desperate to avoid any further complications.

"I'll stay and walk to school with you." But Jungwon, ever the nonchalant one, insisted on staying and accompanying me to school. He took a seat on my bed, his relaxed posture contrasting with the tension in the room. I couldn't understand why he was so insistent, his smirk persisting like a cheeky reminder of the morning's events.

"I need to change," I retorted coldly, my frustration seeping into my voice. I strode towards the window, intent on opening it to let him out. After all, even if we didn't live on the first floor of our apartment building, cats always landed on their feet, right?

"I'll watch." he leaned against my bed, using his elbows to support himself. The smirk on his face seemed to be etched permanently, and it ignited a fire inside me. I couldn't stand his nonchalance, his disregard for the consequences of his actions.

My eyes widened with a mix of disbelief and anger. I stood there, momentarily speechless, my mind racing to find the words to express my frustration. But words failed me, and in that moment, actions spoke louder than any words could.

Grabbing his hand, I pulled him up and nudged him towards the window, my voice finally finding its strength. "Get out," I managed to utter, my tone a mixture of frustration and urgency.

Jungwon's chuckle filled the room once again, but this time, it was laced with a hint of remorse. "Wow, I was just joking. No need to be so serious," he said lightly, his voice carrying a tinge of regret. With a final wave, he leaped out of the window, disappearing into the distance.

As I closed the window and drew the blinds, attempting to put this chaotic morning behind me, a heavy sigh escaped my lips. A whirlwind of emotions swirled within me - relief that the situation had been resolved, exasperation at Jungwon's antics, and a lingering sense of unease. Little did I know that this was just the beginning of a journey filled with even more unexpected twists and turns.

+*___________*+
17th chapter

Hello my loves, how are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
What's your school mascot?

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave a school emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+