-+#60

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

"Now where are my gifts?" Jungwon joked, his eyes scanning the room in playful anticipation.

A mischievous smile crept onto Jake's face as he turned to the rest of us. "Should we let him open gifts now?" he questioned, seeking consensus from the group.

"Yeah, why not," Heeseung chimed in. Excitement filled the air as everyone eagerly reached for their meticulously wrapped presents. I exchanged a quick glance with Jake, silently conveying that I would be returning his gift to him. Earlier in the day, he had given me a gift to pass down to Jungwon, unaware that we had planned this surprise party. It was only fitting for him to present it to Jungwon himself.

Jay, ever the showman, couldn't contain his excitement and eagerly volunteered to go first. With a flourish, he handed Jungwon two shoe boxes, his eyes twinkling mischievously. As Jungwon's gaze fell upon the elegant shoe boxes, a collective gasp escaped our lips. The boxes held not only a pair of shoes but two pairs of expensive sneakers that Jungwon had been eyeing for months.

Jungwon's eyes widened, and his mouth fell open in astonishment. He hastily opened the boxes, revealing the sneakers he had coveted for so long. "How did you— you really are rich," Jungwon exclaimed, his voice filled with awe. A surge of gratitude washed over him, prompting him to pull Jay into a brotherly hug. "Thanks, man," he said, a wide grin spreading across his face. Jay nodded, patting his back affectionately.

As Jay's gift set the bar high, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of insecurity about my own present. What if it didn't measure up to everyone else's? My thoughts were interrupted as it was Heeseung's turn to present his gift. He handed Jungwon a bag filled with his favorite snacks. Joy flickered across Jungwon's face as he rummaged through the bag, discovering a treasure trove of his beloved treats. He thanked Heeseung, offering him a warm side hug before we proceeded with the gift-giving.

One by one, each gift brought a smile to Jungwon's face. Niki had gifted him two new game controllers and a pair of soccer cleats, catering to his passions. Sunoo had gifted a simple bracelet. Hanni, ever thoughtful, presented him with a massive pack of hot chocolate, knowing well his affinity for the comforting beverage. Sunghoon, having saved up for a month, surprised Jungwon with a pair of AirPods, a nod to their shared love for music. Jake, in addition to returning his original gift, handed Jungwon a vanilla latte from earlier and three cake pops, each containing a sentimental letter. Jungwon read the heartfelt words, his eyes brimming with emotion.

Finally, it was my turn. Fidgeting with the small bag clutched in my hands, I hesitated before approaching Jungwon. Sensing my unease, he looked at me with a reassuring smile, encouraging me to proceed. With a deep breath, I handed him the gift, his eyes fixated on me with gentle anticipation. Jungwon's fingers delicately unwrapped the bag, his expression shifting from curiosity to awe as he laid his eyes upon the jewelry box nestled within.

His eyes widened as he lifted the lid, revealing two beautifully crafted rings, their design matching perfectly. The room fell silent, our collective breaths held in anticipation of Jungwon's reaction. A soft pink blush spread across his cheeks as he closed the ring case, momentarily covering his face in shyness.

"Jungwon's getting shy," Heeseung teased, patting him gently on the back. Jungwon slowly unveiled his face, reopening the box and gingerly picking up one of the rings, his gaze fixated on the engraved initials. Biting his lip to contain his smile, he slipped the ring onto his finger. Then, with a tender touch, he took the other ring and gently placed it on my finger, his hand lingering on mine.

Our eyes met, a silent understanding passing between us. Cheeks flushed with soft pink, we both instinctively covered our faces, overwhelmed by the rush of emotions coursing through us. Hanni, unable to contain her laughter, rubbed my back playfully, her voice filled with amusement. Laughter filled the room as we joined in, embracing the lightheartedness of the moment.

Hanni's eyes widened as she read the initials on the ring. "J plus J?!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with disbelief.

Niki, perplexed by everyone's reaction, tilted his head and stated matter-of-factly, "Why are you guys shocked? They're dating." A stunned silence fell upon the room, causing Jungwon and me to exchange bewildered glances.

Hanni sighed, looking at Niki with a mix of frustration and confusion. "That rumor wasn't true, you silly," she explained. "They only confirmed it to put an end to the gossip and make it fade away. It wasn't meant to be a big deal."

Niki's anger flared up as he realized he had been left out of the loop. "Really?! No one told me!" he exclaimed, his tone laced with frustration.

"We literally told you last week," I chimed in, unable to suppress my laughter any longer. Laughter erupted throughout the room as we all shared in the humorous misunderstanding.

Sunoo, always quick with his observations, added fuel to the fire. "I mean, I don't blame you, Niki. They really do look like they're dating," he remarked, causing both Jungwon and me to widen our eyes in surprise.

+*___________*+
60th chapter

Hello my loves, how are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
What's the best gift you've ever gotten?
Me: A ps4

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave a gift emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+