-+#24

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

At that moment, I looked beside me, only to realize that Jungwon was gone.
Panic surged within me as my eyes scurried to scan my surroundings.

Driven by concern, I resolved to leave the safety of the school's property and venture out into the storm in search of my friend. Before leaving I made sure to bid farewell to the team before running off.

The rain poured down relentlessly, drenching me to the bone, but I couldn't let that deter me. With each step, I called out his name, my voice blending with the sound of raindrops and distant thunder, desperately hoping that he would hear me and respond.

Time seemed to stretch endlessly as I combed through the streets, my senses heightened, searching every nook and cranny for any sign of Jungwon. The rain beat against my skin, blurring my vision, but I pressed on, fueled by the deep-rooted bond we had formed over time. I couldn't bear the thought of him being alone and scared in the midst of the downpour.

As I walked through the rain-soaked streets, a torrential downpour soaking everything in sight, my heart felt heavy with a mix of worry and reluctance. I was searching for my acquaintance, Jungwon, though I must admit, we weren't exactly fond of each other. But despite our strained relationship, I wouldn't just leave him alone in the rain knowing he hates it.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, a glimmer of hope pierced through the storm. I caught sight of him standing under a nearby awning, seeking refuge from the relentless rain. Relief surged through me, washing away the exhaustion that had settled in my bones. I couldn't ignore the sight of him huddled in a corner, trembling with fear. It was clear that the rain held an inexplicable terror for him.

Uncertainty gripped me as I approached him. I had never been skilled at comforting others, and the fact that I didn't particularly like Jungwon made it all the more challenging. But something deep within me pushed me forward, urging me to set aside my own discomfort. With hesitant steps, I knelt beside him and cautiously placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, hoping to offer some solace.

"It's... it's okay," I stammered, my voice barely audible amidst the relentless deluge. "I'm here,...you're safe with me."

My feeble attempt at reassurance seemed to have little effect as Jungwon continued to tremble, his fear unrelenting. Determined not to let him suffer alone, I mustered my resolve and enveloped him in a protective embrace. I shielded him from the rain, providing a semblance of security in the midst of his distress.

"Try to listen to the raindrops," I suggested softly, my voice carrying a hint of vulnerability. "They're just nature's way of singing us a lullaby. Close your eyes and imagine it as a gentle melody, soothing your fears."

As his eyelids slowly closed, I maintained my hold on him, my arms wrapped tightly around his shivering frame. With each passing moment, I whispered calm, reassuring words, my touch gentle as I stroked his damp hair. Gradually, his trembling began to subside, replaced by a growing sense of tranquility within his being.

At that moment, we sat together, united by a shared vulnerability amidst the pouring rain. Despite our strained relationship, we found solace in each other's presence, as if the downpour had washed away the animosity between us. Together, we weathered the storm, forging an unexpected connection in the face of our own fears and uncertainties.

+*___________*+
24th chapter

Very short Ik and I'm sorry!
Hello my loves, how are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
What's your dream job?

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave an umbrella emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+