-+#34

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

In soccer practice, I took charge of instructing my team on stretches, stealing small glances at Jungwon who was doing the same with his team. Lost in my thoughts, I cleared my throat and shook my head to refocus. After the stretching routine, we moved on to paired drills.

I looked over to my best friend Hanni, only to see her being pulled by Sunoo, leaving me without a partner. Hanni gave me a sheepish smile, knowing we couldn't pair up. I sighed, realizing that Hanni was the closest person I had on the soccer team. As I observed everyone else pairing up, my eyes caught Jungwon doing the same, searching for a partner. Our eyes met, and we both sighed in disappointment, not wanting to be paired up.

The coach noticed our predicament and said, "Captains, pair up together." Resigned to our fate, Jungwon and I walked over to each other, finding an unoccupied goal net.

On our way to the net, Jungwon kicked the ball, shooting it into the goal so that it would be waiting for us when we arrived. Finally reaching the net, I decided to be the goalie first. Jungwon looked over at me, raising his eyebrows.

"I'll go easy on you, kay?" he said, giving me an expectant look.

I clicked my tongue, ignoring his words. I kicked the ball over to him, and he swiftly stopped it with a precise maneuver, his foot making contact with the ball and halting its momentum. He then backed up a bit and swiftly kicked it back to me. I jumped toward it, my hands outstretched and successfully blocked it. The ball rolled back to Jungwon, who kicked it up to catch it, displaying his dexterity and control.

"Don't go easy," I spoke, getting into position. Jungwon obliged, giving me a warning look before backing up. He sprinted toward the ball with a burst of energy, generating immense power with each step. As he approached, he sent an extremely powerful curve ball, the ball spinning through the air in a mesmerizing arc. Unable to block it, I quickly ducked down, hoping it wouldn't hit me. Jungwon chuckled at my actions, watching as I huddled up into a ball while kneeling.

He came over to me, making me look up at him. "I'll be the goalie," he said, his voice gentle and reassuring. He extended his hand, a gesture of support and camaraderie. I took it, allowing him to help me stand up straight. I turned around to retrieve the ball, feeling a newfound sense of determination.

Both ready, I slightly warmed up my legs, shaking them out to release any tension. Jungwon squatted slightly, preparing to block the ball I was about to kick. I stepped back, my eyes scanning the net to decide my approach. I could feel the anticipation building within me, a mix of excitement and nerves.

Sprinting toward the ball, I focused my energy and kicked it with all my might. The ball soared through the air, propelled by the force of my kick. However, Jungwon's reflexes were razor-sharp, and he easily blocked it with a swift movement, his hands meeting the ball with precision. "Stop holding back," he demanded, his voice firm and determined. He kicked the ball back to me, a challenge in his eyes.

I sighed, backing up from the ball, my mind racing with thoughts of strategy and determination. I knew I couldn't hold back if I wanted to succeed. Gathering all my strength, I planted my foot firmly on the ground and launched the ball toward the net. The ball flew through the air, its trajectory guided by my intention. Jungwon reacted swiftly, attempting to block it, but the ball curved in a surprising arc, slipping past his reach and finding its way into the net. A surge of pride washed over me as I watched the ball hit the back of the net, a triumphant smile forming on my lips.

Jungwon smirked, acknowledging my achievement. "Nice," he said, his voice laced with admiration and respect. He gave me the ball again, a gesture of encouragement and recognition of our shared camaraderie. With that, we continued to practice, knowing that we could work together as a team, leveraging our individual strengths and pushing each other to new heights.

+*___________*+
34th chapter

Hello my loves, how are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
Slow burn in romance or fast burn in romance?
(They fall in love slowly or they fall in love quickly?)
Me: Slow burn all the way.

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave a blue heart emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+