Chapter 20

A week later,

Taehyung decided not to go to the basement past week and stay at his house, thinking that even then he would be able to avoid thinking about Jungkook. Although there was no one to welcome him in the basement, his beloved Tannie was there to welcome him when he arrived home. So when Taehyung come home, no matter how tired he is, his face is covered with a smile because of the fluffy ball that jumps on my body. Also, no matter how busy Taehyung's appa is, he always stays by Taehyung's side, so Taehyung thought that staying at home would make it easier for him to forget about Jungkook.

But, no matter what he did... nothing could stop him from thinking about Jungkook. The only news he heard about Jungkook that week was Mr. Jeon's press conference. He said in the press conference that his son has returned home safely and that investigations into his abduction are continuing. Apart from that, he had no way to contact Jungkook. Taehyung could not even get Meera's number because the number Jungkook called her was deactivated due to Namjoon's order. Unable to wait to see Jungkook again, Taehyung didn't think about anything and decided to visit him without telling anyone. Yes, Taehyung was stupid/brave enough to go to Jungkook's house.

"Who do you want to meet?"

"Is this Mr. Jeon Jungkook's house?"

"Yes, did you come to meet our young master?"

"Yes, can I come in?"

"Sorry sir, our boss said not to let anyone in without asking young master."

"Oh?"

"Stay here.. I'll inform the young master about you. What is your name?"

"Tae.. Tell him Tae is here." Taehyung decided not to reveal his full name or the name used for mafia work.

Taehyung was watching from his car as the security guard went a little further and called someone.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It's not that Jungkook didn't miss Taehyung during the past week. But he had no way to contact Taehyung. He didn't have taehyung's number, address, work place.. nothing. So Jungkook had returned to his usual life by that time. The only difference was that he didn't go to clubs like he used to.

As a result, he spent almost all of his free time drawing.

Other than that, Jungkook's usual cold demeanor had returned. So in the morning, when he received a call from the guard, Jungkook glared at the maid who came with the phone and took the call.

"Speak"

"Young master, someone is here to meet y..."

"I don't want to meet anyone. Send him back." Before the guard could even finish, Jungkook yelled.

"But.."

"Just do what I said!" Jungkook growled and decided to hang up, but then he remembered that it could have been Taehyung or his friends. He tried to call the guard again, but the guard had hung up by then, so Jungkook ran downstairs and ran straight out.

"Open the gate." Jungkook shouted on the way, causing a guard to rush in and quickly open the gate.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Sorry sir, young master said he can't meet anyone at this time." Taehyung's face darkened as the guard said politely.

"But.." Taehyung was about to say something else, but when he saw the gate open, Taehyung's attention was drawn to it.

Then he saw Jungkook running forward through the open gate, his blackened face lighting up again.

"Taehyungie!" Jungkook ran to Taehyung's side and looked at him through the car window as Taehyung's face was formed into a beautiful boxy smile.

"I heard young master won't meet me, huh?" Jungkook's face turned red when Taehyung raised an eyebrow.