Chapter 30

"Your appa is calling

"Your appa is calling. Speak only what is necessary and return the phone." Giving Jungkook's phone to him, one of Minjun's man said. Jungkook glared at the man and snatched the phone away.

"Hello appa.."

"Where are you?"

"I-I just came out for a bit."

"Mhm, will it take a long time? I came to see you. Meera is not at home that's why I called you."

"Meera eomma asked for a leave, Appa."

"But I have told her not to leave you home alone." Jungkook noticed a difference in his father. He had never spoken so softly to Jungkook.

"Give Meera eomma a call and tell her to come then. I'm on my way. If you can, wait for me." Jungkook used his cunning brain at that time.

"Mhm, I'll wait until you come then."

"Appa, can you talk to me for a while?"

"Why? Is my boy sad?"

"Hm"

"Listen son, if that man you call your daddy hurts you, I will never forgive him." Jungkook smiled as Hyunsuk said.

"Appa.."

"I will find another good boy for you.. Can you forget him?"

"Appa.."

"I'm afraid.. you can't handle those things, Jungkook."

"I know.. but I love him."

"That love is what makes us weak, son."

As Jungkook and his father's conversation dragged on, Jungkook realized that the attention of Minjun's men was slowly drifting away from him. So he quickly shared his location with someone and deleted the text from his phone.

As Minjun was late to arrive and Jungkook's dad was waiting for him, the men had to take Jungkook to his house according to Minjun's orders.

When Jungkook arrived home, his father was waiting for him. Jungkook got out of the car and jumped into his father's arms.

"Who are these people Jungkook?"

"Ah, these are the bodyguards that Uncle Minjun hired for me."

"Mhm, I talked to Meera. She said she will come back today."

"Thank you, appa."

"Thank you? Do you miss her so much?"

"Meera eomma is the one who takes care of me." Jungkook looked down and whispered, Hyunsuk pulled him into his chest.

"I'm sorry son.. I missed a lot of things."

"It's okay appa. I will come with you to your house today."