Chapter 33

Two weeks had passed since those incidents

Two weeks had passed since those incidents. By this time, the situation in the country had mostly calmed down again. Also, the culprits had already received proper punishment.

Jung Hoseok appeared as the lawyer of Former President Jeon Hyunsuk. He was able to limit Hyunsuk's prison sentence to two years, along with a $50 million fine.

Jungkook arranged to pay it with his father's black money. He also decided to distribute all the remaining money among orphanages. Also, Jungkook shut down all illegal businesses belonging to his father.

In the end, Jungkook was left with only his father's inheritance and his mother's property.

Also, according to the court order, preparations were being made to dissolve the existing government and form a new government.

Meanwhile, according to Jungkook's strong request, Taehyung agreed to stay away from mafia work and lead a normal life. But only Taehyung knew how long it would stay that way.

Taehyung agreed to it thinking about Jungkook's current state of mind. He was old enough to understand the pain of a motherless child losing his father. Not even having siblings, Jungkook was left with only his nanny, Meera, who took care of him like a mother since childhood. And with the accident that happened to Taehyung, Jungkook was very afraid of Taehyung's safety. That's why Taehyung agreed to leave the mafia world without hurting Jungkook's heart any more.
Also, Taehyung talked to his father Daehyun about Jungkook and his engagement.

Today, Taehyung brought Jungkook to visit Hyunsuk who was imprisoned. No matter how much Taehyung tried to comfort Jungkook, those eyes were still full of tears.

"A-appa.." Jungkook muttered looking at Hyunsuk through the glass partition, the tears in his eyes started running down wetting the rosy cheeks.

"Son, I'm really sorry sweetheart. But.. I didn't want to come to you as a guilty person. That's why.. that's why I decided to be punished for my mistakes." Hyunsuk said with a shaky voice and let out a deep sigh.

"After a long time... you hugged me that day. You spoke to me so gently. But when I found out that it was for the last time, I was so heart broken. Appa shouldn't have shown me so much love. Then I won't feel this sad." Jungkook continued while sobbing. Hyunsuk was listening with his eyes tightly closed and looking at the floor.

"I'm sorry, Jungkookie. I regret everything I've done. I lost the time I could have spent happily with my beloved son and my beloved wife. I'm a very unlucky person." Jungkook silently sobbed as Hyunsuk continued in a pained voice.

Because Jungkook couldn't say 'No, you're not wrong, appa' in front of Hyunsuk. He was really wrong. But to Jungkook, Hyunsuk was still his father. A child cannot hate his parents no matter what. There is even a smallest feeling is left in the hearts of the children for their parents. Because blood ties are such a wonderful bond.