[1] Parting ways

Yok's POV

"What do you mean you want to end this life?!" I was furious. Sean and White are lovey-dovey now and don't care about our group anymore.

"Look, Yok, it will be better for everyone. We've done many things against the law and it almost cost us our lives the last time. We've got many people on our side now so there's no need to do any protests anymore. We have to move on and live proper lives and not get ourselves arrested at all cost and stay for who knows how long in prison." Said Gumpa.

"Does Black know about this?! He'd definitely be on my side!" I can't give up. Not after everything we went through. My mother still needs special treatment from this country.

"Actually... Black is out of city right now... but I'm sure he's taking care of Todd." Said White.

"What? He beat him up to a pulp. Why would he even care?" Sean was as confused as me.

"I don't know... the last time I talked to him he told me they are even now so they can start as friends again... I can't believe someone as distrustful as Black is giving someone a second chance but he's our childhood friend so of course... there's a bond."

"Or he just changed his tastes. Eugene is now only mine so he must have given up on girls." Gram is more annoying than usually.

"So you are all for calling this off. Sean, even you?! The leader?!" He stood up to look into my eyes.

"I promised I'll never put White in danger again and I don't plan on breaking it. You know damn well how important he is to me. Far more important than this sick unfair system in this country which we weren't able to change even with so many supporters! Those jerks just don't listen to their people and even with all of our demonstrations and putting that bastard Tawi into jail!"

"Yok, you are just grumpy your policeman left you. Just admit it." Gram really had to bring this up.

"It's not him who left me. I left him... I can't trust someone like him again... It hurt and I don't want to think about it." White hugged me with his tiny body but Sean broke us apart very soon.

"Oi oi, that's enough. My babe is just mine." What would Sean from the past say to this "in love" version? Gumpa clapped to separate us.

"Yok, Sean, is that all? I'd like to say something." We looked at each other and turned around so our eyes didn't meet.

"I have to say, I'm grateful for the time we were here together. It started with Black, I taught him everything and then he taught you. We went through many adventures together and we achieved our goal to let the country know about the leaders who keep putting their people at a disadvantage and the inequality between wealthy and poor citizens rises even more up. We had many problems because of it and we even lost Black for some time. White, thanks to you and your way of dealing with things we weren't just vandals but we were heroes for people who appeared at the disadvantage. And I could see all of you become happier. I take you as my own kids so seeing the change in your eyes really touches my heart and makes me proud how far you've gone. Sean finally fell in love and calmed down with his aggressiveness. Gram finally found his own happiness and stopped oppressing his own feelings for others. Yok, you've changed too for better. You may be heartbroken now but I'm sure time will help you settle everything." A tear dropped from his left eye. He lifted his hands for a group hug.

So this is really the end. I thought as I was hugged tightly by White and Gram.

"Does someone need a ride?" Asked Gumpa.

"Nah, my sugar daddy has his own model." Said Sean and White bumped into his elbow.

"I'd like to thank everyone for accepting me. I lied to you for the sake of my brother and made everything worse. I am happy you were able to forgive me and I take all of you as members of my family. I'm also sorry for every trouble Black put you through." White bowed his head and everyone looked at him. Then Sean lifted his head and dragged him away. In the end, everyone left this place with so many memories and I was on my own again.

I kept kicking into rocks on my way to nowhere. I could at least visit the hospital and ask about my mother's health.
I got on my motorcycle and drove to the hospital.

I couldn't find my mother's doctor anywhere and asked the nurse about him.

"Oh... I'm sorry to tell you this but the doctor you are looking for passed away. But we've got a replacement for him. He's in the same ambulance your doctor was at so just knock on the door and ask him yourself. He was studying his new patients really hard so he should be aware of your mother." I thanked her and she smiled at me. I did as she said and because there were no patients in the waiting room, I could go inside immediately.

"Hello youngster, I'm Dr. Nam. What's the problem?" He seemed really sympathetic.

"My mother... she is deaf and her body is very weak. I wanted to ask about her current state. She did not even inform me that her last doctor had died. She didn't want to make me worried."

"I see, I see. She's my only deaf patient so I remember her very well. And she's actually doing great even without being able to hear. She is controlling sign language as a professional and her body gained more weight from the last time. Really, you have nothing to worry about." He smiled. I sat on the chair because I was expecting bad news for sure.

"But as I look at you... you don't seem so well. Something happened?" I shook my head.

"Just casual problems. I shouldn't bother you with it."

"People don't say it about me, but I'm a very good listener and mainly great advisor." He doesn't lack any self-confidence. I exhaled deeply to relieve myself.

"Did you take any therapy courses?"

"I think empathy is enough to know what my patients are going through. I made a few mistakes in the past I'd like to take back but it settled down on its own luckily."

"Let's just say someone I know is going through heartbreak, betrayal, losing his only friends and having absolutely no idea how to continue his life, what would you recommend him?" He stayed quiet for a while.

"There's one way to heal your heart but you don't have to like this idea."

Author's note: Had to change the ending a little for Yok's upcoming story so I hope you don't mind 🤗

I also decided to release it on the airdate of Hidden Agenda to make it more special. The first episode was already bomb.