[20] Cruel lie

I woke up after a few minutes on Tae's lap. I had a wet cloth on my forehead.

"Mom!" I yelled and got up while Tae gave me his support.

"Yok, are you okay now? You made me worried..." I looked into his eyes.

"We have to go to the station immediately." He swallowed but nodded. I grabbed his hand and found my motorbike behind my house.

"Here, you need a helmet." I said and put it on his head and he touched my hand.

"Yok! You are not in a state to drive! Let me-!"

"Shut up! I don't need to hear anything else right now!" He let go of me and looked upset.

"I'm sorry, I-."

"It's fine... I understand you..." He put on a smile but I knew it was fake. I've done it now but I didn't have time to think about it.

He sat right behind me and I drove to the station. I tried to follow the permitted speed but sometimes I drove faster. He held my chest really tight. His heart pounded faster.

When we arrived, I threw my helmet on my motorcycle and quickly rushed inside the building. I didn't even notice Tae wasn't behind me and saw my mother in the waiting room.

"Mom!" When she saw me coming in her direction, she broke into tears and asked me in sign language if I'm alright. I asked her what they wanted from her but she had no time to explain. One policeman opened the door and immediately asked for me when he saw me. I had to follow him inside.

Longtae's POV

"Yok, wait-!" I just saw him closing the door inside one of the office.

I missed him but I saw his mom sitting on an uncomfortable chair. I sat right next to her and she looked at me with tears in her eyes. Damn it, I should have learnt sign language when I had a chance.

But luckily I found a pen with paper on a coffee table. I showed it to her and she immediately knew what's on my mind. Then she started writing.

"~They asked me if Yok was at home yesterday and I said he slept over his friend's condo but they didn't believe me. They showed me a photo of a suspected man who was spotted on a camera record from the outside which controls the reckless drivers... it was the only evidence they had. It was dark, the man had a mask on his face but it looks like they have seen Yok somewhere from before... I don't know what should I do-!~"

I hugged her and she cried into my chest. We weren't betrayed but when Sean had been shot, everyone couldn't keep their mind straight. Todd must have lost his focus and miss the camera which wasn't a part of the courthouse... It looks like Gram and Dan weren't spotted in the frame. I totally forgot about what Yok told me and felt desperate. I can understand why he was so angry. He cares about his mother more than about himself and they stole her right from their place when she had nothing to do with this.

I was more and more angry at this unfair situation. They just needed someone to blame so they chose Yok for their culprit.

I decided to call phi White with whom I exchanged my number when we were together. My hands were trembling.

"Longtae? What's up?"

"It's Yok. He's been accused of the yesterday's attack." He sighed.

"I knew we shouldn't believe him. Wait a minute. I will try find a solution." A sudden hope appeared in heart.

Phi hang up and we kept waiting.

"~Was it his friend?~"

Yok's mom looked at with curiosity. I nodded. She couldn't understand a thing I said into my phone but she felt relieved Yok is not alone in this mess. I can get now why Yok loves her so much. She didn't turn against him even with the evidence, she's just genuinely scared that they will do something to her precious child. I wish my mother cared as much as her.

Yok came back with handcuffs on his hands and two policemen behind his back.

"Y-you can't just take him into custody! Do you know how many guys look similar to him?! What if the right culprit is walking on streets now with a smile on his face?!" They frowned at me and Yok looked like... he gave up!

"Look boy, don't you trust your friend too much? We were following his activities for a longer time but we didn't let anyone know. We wanted to let it be when we thought it settled down but no, this gangster had to do another violation against the law. I don't know what he had told you but for everything he's done he'll get at least two years." Two years...

"Yok... what did you-?"

"Just let it be, Longtae. It's over. Of everything. I don't want to get you involved even more." He called me by my full name and it hurt so freaking much. Like an unexpected stab into my heart.

"T-that's not true, right? What about all of the things you said to me?" He smirked.

"You seriously believed that? I was just trying to get between your legs. That's all."

That's not true. That must be a lie. I kept saying myself this but it's like the time has been stopped and my body couldn't carry my weight. I fell of the chair and held my chest. His mother came to help me immediately but I could not move.

"That's enough. We are not curious about your disgusting life." I heard those guys saying and then took Yok away.

Author's note: You don't have to dirty your hands, I'll do it myself.

But I have some great news. I finished the crossover edit so here is the link 😁

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJqxUU6s/

For those whose country doesn't allow TikTok

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TVQTWuoNdgHlkhov_RECj1qKrAShLDfu/view?usp=drivesdk