[12] Two kinds of fear

The next day early in the morning I confronted White. He was preparing breakfast while others were still sleeping.

"White? Can I ask you about something?"

"What's the matter?"

"I know I already bothered you with changing my position with Gram but I'd really want to be with Tae. It's not what you think! He's just inexperienced and knows me the best out of you so he'd feel the most comfortable with me." He smirked.

"So it's for Longtae, not you." I nodded.

"Then I can change it... actually I can sympathize with him. I did not know any of you so it was really hard to work with you in the beginning. If you want, you can do the protests. You are far better at painting anyway. I can get rid of the camera system because I'm not really goot at fighting."

"Thank you, it means a lot." He smiled.

"So... are you okay now? I was pretty worried when we left you like that but as I can see, I had nothing to worry about." I nodded.

"I did not believe that crazy doctor at first but when I came here, everything started to be better. Also... what about my mother? How is she?"

"The best she could be. When we visited her, she even had a friend who came over. And she was laughing at something." I laughed.

"Then that's the best answer you could give me! Thank you, White!" I hugged him and he smiled. But suddenly in front of me appeared Sean. My death was worth it. But unexpectedly Sean just crossed his arms and slightly smiled.

"You won't do anything?!"

"Nah, I realized I have nothing to be jealous because White showed me yesterday he's whipped only for me." I wanted to throw up and pulled away from White.

"Actually, I did not miss you at all."

"Hey!" White giggled. I got what I wanted so I rather got away from these two. How can Gram put up with them this whole time?

When I came back, Tae was still asleep. I decided to tease him again after walking away just like that yesterday and lied on the bed close to him. I hugged him from behind and he talked from his sleep.

"No. I'm not ready! Stop!" Is he having a wet dream about me? I smirked. But suddenly he was kicking around himself and was trembling. I quickly caught his arms.

"Tae! Wake up!" He opened his eyes in shock. Then he was breathing heavily.

"Yok!" He shouted and quickly hugged me. I stroked his head.

"You had a bad dream?" He nodded.

"I-I guess I'm still anxious about the action... I had a dream that you forced me to jump from a high building because the police got us..." I put my hands on his cheeks.

"Tae! I would never put you in danger! If anything like that would happen, I would make the police follow me so you could run away."

"Don't tell me you'd sacrifice for me!" He looked at me desperately. I shook my head.

"I appeared in this situation many times and never thought about killing myself, don't worry. I'd rather spend few years in jail than to hurt people who care about me." He leaned on my chest.

"Promise?" He pointed his pinky finger at me.

"Promise." I grabbed his finger with mine.

"Oh, I also talked to White and we can be together on the mission." He smiled.

"Great, I won't do anything embarrassing in front of him."

"So you can do embarrassing things in front of me?!"

"Of course, we did many embarrassing things together." I laughed.

"That's right." I noticed his ankle is already healed.

"Can you walk now?" He tried to get up on both legs.

"Oh, it's healed."

"I guess the ointment helped. Or maybe it wasn't twisted but swollen. Anyways, we'll go tomorrow." He nodded and I stroked his head again.

"Yok... I wanted to ask... did you mean it seriously that you want to hit on me or was it another excuse to reject Dan?" I made him feel really insecure.

"I mean it. I definitely mean it but please give me more time... I'm still healing." He suddenly smiled. I bet he was prepared to be disappointed again but he already made me feel attached. I hope he doesn't mind I want to go slowly at it.

When Tae could finally walk normally, we helped the villagers like the last time. This time I worked with Tae and teased him a lot when we watered crops. In the end we ended up all soaked in the water and had to change. Tae lent me clothes that were too big for him and then we made dinner for others.

I couldn't wait for the following day. Not only I'm excited for the adrenaline and another step forward to achieve my goal but also I can show my life to the person I care about.

But my excitement was replaced with anxiety really quickly. My world is totally different from his... he may never talk to me ever again if he sees me shedding blood. I use the jackknife really rarely. Just when I'm attacked by jackknife as well.

This fear made me stay awake for a pretty long time. But I needed to sleep to be focused on our mission so I found sleeping pills I took just for rare occasions.

The next day we were woken up by Sean.

"It's 6 am. We need to prepare things before the action so wake up, sleepyheads." At least he didn't shout. It would wake the whole village.

Tae was wiping his eyes and I needed to go for the things Officer confiscated from my bag. I came to his place and totally forgot to knock. When I came in, I saw Tian lying on his chest half naked.

Officer woke up and was startled when he saw me.

"W-what are you doing here?!" He loudly whispered to not wake Tian.

"I'm sorry. I just came for the things you stole from me the first day." He rolled his eyes.

"They are in the third drawer." He pointed at the desk and lied down again. Tian just let out a small moan.

"Chief... you were amazing yesterday..." I hid my laugh when I heard him talking from his sleep. Officer closely watched me to make sure I'll get out as fast as possible but I liked the situation I just appeared in.

Tian didn't say anything more so I just took my important things I missed so much and left.

Others waited for me in the center of the village.

Author's note: I have to make more memes from BL scenes lol 😂