[25] Couting days

Yok's POV

While I was sitting in the cold cell, I heard those policemen talking some shits.

"Hey, do you remember the case? You know, the one where a car hit that sightless woman... such a big deal. It's her fault for going on the crosswalk alone..." They started to laugh. I couldn't hold it in.

"Hey! Stop talking about things you know shit about and better do your work!!" I got up and held the bars with all my strength. One of them approached me.

"Brat, do you even think you are in a position to talk? You are lucky we didn't put you in a local prison. You would shut your mouth as you'd be banged by men worse than you." I frowned. I was so sick of hearing this.

"I'm not some slut to sell my body to some jerks!! My body belongs to only one person!!"

"Sure, sure, whatever..." Then he whispered something to the other one and they laughed again. I feel so powerless.

"And why do you hold me here anyway? You'd have less work if you just sent me to prison."

"Believe it or not but one short guy assured us he'll get the money for you. If that happens, we can't return you in a bad state." No... I didn't want this. I didn't want to bother my friends because of my stupidity...

Suddenly I heard someone opening the door.

"Hello, officers. I hope you kept your promise." I heard White's voice.

"Of course, you can see him but just the two of you." What? There's more of them?

Suddenly I saw Dan and Gram in front of me.

"Dude! You look terrible!" Said Gram.

"Yok, how are you holding up? I tried to talk to them but they are too stubborn..." Said Dan with an upset voice.

"That doesn't matter guys... but tell me, how's mom and Tae?" They smirked.

"You can relax, your Tae talked to his personal therapist White and he explained it to him. That it was just a play for those guys." He pointed his finger at those jerks.

I was relieved and sat down on the cold floor.

"I... I was really afraid he would cut me off but it'd be my fault so..."

"Don't underestimate him, he knows you better than you think." Said Dan.

"And mom?"

"We visited her. She was still sad but she mentioned that Longtae tries to come up with a solution."

"We asked White and he confirmed it."

"Huh?! I thought it was White!"

"What do you think? He'd sell his internal organs for Sean but for you he's too poor to even borrow money from the bank. Nah, I'm kidding. But you know how I mean it, White doesn't like to make irrational decisions so he helped you at least as a relationship counselor."

"Guys... do you know what went wrong?" They looked at each other.

"We can't tell you that..." I was shocked.

"Why not?!"

"You are too hotheaded, this way Longtae's and White's effort would come to waste."

"Please, guys, I promise I won't do anything." They stayed quiet for a while but then Gram spoke.

"It has something to do with Black."

"I knew it! Now you have to tell me everything!"

They started telling me Black's ugly story. Why am I not even surprised? Once a traitor, always a traitor.

"Yok, are you alright?"

"I'm just glad it was me who was caught."

"What are you saying?!" I looked at them.

"Because I can't stand watching my friends in a powerless situation like this... plus you guys are smarter. I don't know how I'd help you." They smiled but I was the most glad that I separated from Tae. Now waiting is the solution.

"Oi, you are there for too long. Go away already."

"Tss, we have to go, Yok. Just don't forget we are on your side." Our fists touched and I saw how they were disappearing from my eyes. Seeing them was exactly what I needed right now. I needed some security and hope. I was going insane trying to figure out which bastard reported me so I'm glad it's Black from whom I'd expect it and don't have any good feelings for.

I leaned my back against the wall and started singing the song Tae listened to in the car.

"I'm in love for the first time
Don't you know it's gonna last?
It's a love that lasts forever
It's a love that has no past"

(Source: Don't let me down from The Beatles)

I started to wonder, if he was feeling this way about me at the time. Wondering if I will leave him or stay with him forever. He was as much anxious as me but it's just a song he listened to. It doesn't have to have any connection.