[34] Anything but him

Yok's POV

I was done with my work and went to look after Tae but I couldn't find him anywhere. However, I saw his father in front of the classroom.

"Chief, have you seen Longtae?"

"Oh, I sent him for special tea leaves we have in our forest but he isn't coming back, it's been already fifty minutes since he left. He's twenty minutes late..." That's weird.

"Can you tell me which way it is? I'll go find him."

"I'll send one of those kids with you. They should know the place very well."

"Khaonueng, help Yok to find the special tea leaves in the village."

"Yes, Chief! Come with me, Phi!" Bad boy 2 was actually helpful. He led me with confidence and we were there in few minutes.

"Weird... Phi Longtae is not here." I looked around and found a broken phone on the ground.

"This is Tae's! This is bad, someone had to kidnap him!"

"We should tell it to Phi Yod and Phi Rang-." He muttered something but I already ran to find him. I noticed some broken sticks on the way, I didn't see any footprints but they went this way for sure. Amateurs.

I saw a smog from one place, they are literally asking for being found and think I'm stupid enough to fall for their trap. Anyways, I need to distract them from hurting Tae.

"HEYYY!!! TAKE YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF HIM!!!" I shouted and expected they'd come after me but-.

They stood up and one jerk, whose face looks familiar, strangled Tae in his arm. His neck was bleeding and blood started boiling in my veins. I pressed my fists.

"You seriously want to do it?! Forest rangers are on their way so better release him before you are caught!!"

They started laughing.

"Such a lame bluff. We know very well this boy is the only thing you care about and successfully lured you out. Now you are going to watch him suffer for humiliating me in front of others." He's not serious right now!!

"Fine, I'm giving up, you want to kill me, right? Then do it and let him go! He has nothing to do with this!" That bastard smirked.

"That's exactly what we want to see, your face full of despair. Now take your clothes off and kneel down on your knees!"

"D-Don't... d-do... i-it..." Tae was out of breath. I have to do something... Wait, I've got it!

I started taking off my jacket and tank top for show... They let their guards down and I grabbed a smoke bomb from my pocket I had from that mission. It was my last hope. Yellow smoke blinded their eyes and I quickly ran towards my love.

I kicked that scumbag in the face and carried Tae in my arms.

"Fuck!! They got away!! Go after them!!" Giving orders is the only thing you can do? I ran towards the cliff. Dead end.

They caught up with me and I was slowly approaching the edge.

"One more step and you'll kill both of you."

"At least we'll die together like Romea and Juliet." I smirked but let go just Tae.

I saw it. Four villagers were standing in a square while holding a blank sheet. He was safe and now I could focus on them.

They were shocked by my action and really thought I was that cold-hearted. I took advantage of it and ran towards them. I knocked one of them down and took his weapon. It was pocket knife but still helpful.

"You-!" The other guy was behind me but I roughly hit his sphenoid bone and caused him concussion.

"Are these your true colors?!"

"You've made an enemy from the wrong person!" I frowned at the guy I hated the most. The piece of shit who almost killed my man.

He was slowly coming to him with his jacknife. Tae's blood was still on it which made me even more furious. I was slowly approaching him as well but I took advantage of his fatass body  and dodged his attack by doing a squat. I stabbed both of his legs and caused him a great pain which made him shout: YOU'VE DONE IT NOW, MOTHER-FUCKER-!" But he was already down on his knees and I started kicking into him. I couldn't stop. Rage possessed me even more when I was looking at the knife.

"Yok! Stop it!! It's enough!!" I heard Rang calling after me but I didn't follow his orders.

"Yod! Help me stop him!" They wrapped their hands around me. That fly on the ground was spitting blood.

"LET ME GO!! I CAN'T STOP NOW!!"

"It's over, Yok! We'll take care of it! Longtae is safe now!"

"No! You haven't seen what he had gone through!" Tears started falling down of my face. I couldn't protect him and blamed myself so much for his unconsciousness...

When I ran out of my strength, they lied me down on the ground and arrested the waste of oxygen.

***

I don't even know how long I was asleep when I woke up in the infirmary. Tae was lying next to me and our hands were intertwined.

I slowly turned my body to see his face.

"You two... I've just come back for the wedding and this is the first thing I see?!" Doctor Nam's voice...

"Don't be so harsh on them, Nam, they went through a lot." Tian...

"Well... luckily, no one appeared on the verge of death..." Crumpy Officer...

But I couldn't say a word to them. The only thing I was able to do now was making sure Tae is alive.

Author's note: I confess I just finished a really depressing book but it gave me an inspiration I need it... And I'm sorry for the long waiting... I was at pride supporting people like these two fictional characters.