[35] Never let me go

Longtae's POV

After I closed my eyes, I couldn't wake up from that nightmare. Yok came to save me and I don't know what happened next. It's scary...

When I finally opened my eyes, I gasped for air with tears in my eyes.

"Yok!" I shouted and noticed I'm completely somewhere else now.

"You are finally awake. Don't worry, your boyfriend is fine, he just left for water."

"Doctor N-Nam, is that you?" He smiled and wrote something in his notebook.

"Good, you don't have amnesia. You've gone through a very serious blood loss but you are lucky you have the same blood type as Tian." I saw Tian with a plaster on his arm.

"It's rich blood, take a good care of it." He smiled but Chief didn't like it at all.

"You are so reckless, what the hell happened to you?"

"Phupha, now's not the right time. My patient needs to rest."

"That's fine... I can explain what happened..." I started slowly explaining them my traumatic story. It looks like they didn't get anything from Yok but the most important thing is he is all right.

"It was seriously that cocky thief who tried to rob us?!" Tian frowned at Chief.

"Why didn't you get him?!"

"You know I can't go after someone without any evidence! He had run away!"

"Witnesses are not enough?! The same situation is repeating, Chief! You were shot the last time because of it!"

"Tian, it's always troublesome with smugglers!"

"No excuses! We'll talk about this at home!" Chief sighed and I pittied him. I can't believe these two are gonna be married in no time.

"But Longtae, I didn't think you'd come back. I know you had a lot to do with Yok so I didn't want to bother you with my wedding."

"Our." Chief muttered but Tian heard it.

"You seriously make me want to call it all off, Chief." And Chief said nothing more.

"Umm, actually... we wanted to just say our farewell. I have to take my stuff... ouch." I put my hand on the bandage on my neck.

"Don't speak too much. We get what you said." I nodded when Doctor pointed his finger at me.

"I see so you are gonna live together from now on. Listen, Longtae, at first living together is not easy. You have to get used to the other person's habits like throwing dirty clothes on the floor, not cleaning up after himself, not telling you where he goes and when he comes back and when you are so kind and cook for him, he may tell you he doesn't have time now and gets something in his work." He didn't stop looking at Chief while saying all that.

"You never said anything..."

"I think you should know it before we get married so we don't get divorced the following day." Chief looked away.

"You don't have to get even married, you already act like a married couple."

"Years of training. It looks like Yok is coming back so we'll leave you alone now. Nam, keep us company." Nam cut his head off with his fingers to show me it's a hell being with them now and Yok came inside the infirmary.

"Tae!" He rushed to my lounger and grabbed my hand.

"Are you okay now?!" I sniffed to his clothes and smelled cigarettes...

"Yok, you've been smoking..."

"I was too stressed... I know I promised you I won't but please understand me."

"I get it. I'm so glad nothing has happened to you... what happened to that guy?" He looked away.

"I beat him to his unconsciousness. Forest rangers arrested all of them and reported them to the police..." I just nodded and tried to understand the situation.

"I'm a monster, I know but I couldn't keep my cool when I saw you in that state... it was unbearable..." He pressed his fists.

"Well... you just helped to arrest him. You didn't do anything wrong..."

"It could be worse if Officer's friends didn't stop me."

"I hope nothing like this happens again."

"Me too..." His voice cracked and his head fell on my chest.

"Don't you ever leave me again..."

"I won't, I promise..." I stroked his head with my right hand. He hugged me tightly.

"E-ehmm." Doctor Nam was giving us side eye and we quickly pulled away.

"I see you two are much better now. Longtae, you should stay in bed for the rest of the day and keep changing your bandage so it's not infected. When you are back in Bangkok, visit me to get your stitches removed."

"Thanks, Doctor!" Yok thanked even for me.

"Don't mention it, I'm glad I could help." He smiled. Then I wrapped my arms around Yok and he carried me to my own bed.

"Does it still hurt?" He asked gently and I nodded.

"I can't move my neck and I'm hungry."

"Wait a second, I'll bring something for you to eat and feed you." He's perfect. I'm so lucky to have him.

***

"

Tian gave this to me. It's just a rice porridge so you can swallow it." I thanked him and he started feeding me.

"Tae... I'm sorry. It happened because of me... if I didn't provoke that guy in the beginning -."

"Why are you sorry? You just did the right thing and protected others. It's him who should feel guilty."

"But this wouldn't have happened if I hadn't fought him..." I put his hand on my neck.

"Thanks to you it's just this. You saved me, Yok. Stop doubting yourself."

"I thought it's unnecessary... but when you get better, I'll teach you few moves so no one can touch you again during my absence."

"Great, or you can let Gram-."

"No way. Those guys aren't trustful. They could teach you something completely else like..." I smirked.

"Like?" He blushed and looked away.

"Let's not discuss it anymore. I still have to help arranging the wedding but you promise to rest. I can lend you a book."

"That's fine, I'll read Tian's story he had published as a book. I wonder if I'll be there as well."

"You? Definitely but you already are the main character in my story."

"But I came later into your life."

"You came there as my love interest. I'll go then." He smiled and kissed me on the cheek. Ahh... I'll get bored to death now. Just when he said something so romantic and I can't think about anything else than me and him on this bed...