Bonus chapter (5): Tie the knot

Longtae's POV

Today it's happening!!! But I was panicking since we returned back to my village to get married at the place where we met and the place where we fell in love with each other!! 

I was just in my father's kutcha house with Dr. Nam's wife.

"Is it really okay for you to style my hair and put some make-up on my face?"

"Of course! Tian was kind enough to babysit our baby and Nam needs to take care of your groom as well." She smiled.

"Y-you lived in Bangkok when Dr. Nam was working here... how did you make it work?" I'd like to know who made the decision.

"I didn't want Nam to stop working here... when I got pregnant, I told him that it's fine but he was stubborn. He wanted to marry me as soon as possible before the baby was born and decided to stay in Bangkok with me. He worked hard to afford buying a family house for our future family. I admired him so much and knew that I couldn't find anyone better." So romantic... he must love her so much!

"He was always joking around and teasing me and the Chief, I still can't believe he was the first one to get married." She blushed and combed my hair.

"I was very shy to meet his family here but everyone welcomed me so warmly at our wedding. I'm really glad I could fit among these kind people." That reminds me of how I met Yok's friends. I also didn't think I could get along so well with them but they are really great.

She also used her curling iron which she had on batteries to curl my bangs.

"Will you wear wedding suit or a traditional wedding outfit from your village?"

"The traditional one." She smiled and grabbed the clothes which village mothers made especially for me.

We stuck to our idea and asked Tian if Chief could really be our priest. Tian seemed amused by this idea and told us that he owes him for babysitting Dr. Nam's son all alone.

"If you wanted to try, I'd let you take care of Khunam sometimes."

"Really?" She nodded with a smile.

"I feel bad that even though you get married, it doesn't really change anything in your life so you could try how it feels to have a baby. I trust you as much as Tian, you also have a great relationship with kids in this village." I smiled. Would Yok mind? I can't even imagine him changing the diaper.

"Thank you so much, P'Rin." She made the final adjustments on my clothes and I was finally ready to go to the altar.

"I know you are a man but will your father lead you to Yok?" I didn't even think about it as Tian also didn't do this but father gave us a lot of support so I'd like to make this day special for him as well.

When I made sure Yok wasn't anywhere around, I approached my father who was just playing with Khunam and Tian.

"I can already feel his first teeth when he sucks my finger." He was giggling and then looked at me.

"Oh, you look so great, son!" I smiled.

"Dad... I'd like to ask you... if you lead me to the altar." He seemed quite shock by it but also happy.

"Of course. I'll lead you to my son-in-law." I hugged him and felt a little hand pulling my strands of hair and a sweet laugh.

"You can't play with someone's hair, Khunam." Tian said gently and pushed his hand away. I'd really like to take care of this little devil at least for one day.

I grabbed dad's hand and saw Yok how he was eagerly waiting for me in front of Chief who was really forced into being our priest.

"He's in your hands from now on, Yok." Dad winked at Yok and he nodded.