[8] Chaotic feelings

I put Dopey down on the bed but decided to tease him. I tickled him under his armpits and he laughed out loud.

"Hahaha, stop it!! Haha." He tried to kick me with his other leg and made me fall down on his top. We stopped laughing as our faces were just an inch apart. My heart was pounding even faster than the first time. I quickly pulled away and turned my face. I'd blush even more if I didn't do it. He also turned his face away from me.

"S-so... what are you gonna do now?" He asked.

"I dunno. I was told to help you so I guess I'm just gonna stay here with you."

"B-but I'm fine, really. You can go help others. I'm sure there's something Tian-." He looked at me and turned away again when our eyes met.

"Nah, I want to survive another day and helping Tian would put me into coffin if Officer saw us." He laughed.

"You don't even know how many death stares he used to give me." I looked at him.

"Wait, did you have something with Tian?"

"What?! Of course not! We were always just friends! But Chief can't control his jealousy." I don't even know why I felt relieved.

"So... are you dating anyone right now?"

"I used to have a girlfriend when I studied but no. Not ever since I have returned. You?" I didn't really want to answer and stayed quiet for a while.

"I just broke up with my ex-boyfriend."

"B-boyfriend? So you are..." I looked at him and he turned away.

"What? I thought you don't mind when Tian is the same." He shook his head.

"T-that's not it. I just thought that the feeling I have doesn't have to be delusional..."

"What feeling?" I smirked and got closer to him. He stayed quiet.

"Well? What feeling? Tell me!" He touched his arm.

"Feeling that you are hitting on me." He said quietly but I could still clearly hear that. Is it true? Does it really look like I'm hitting on him? To be honest... I'm not sure if I want to start something right now. It still hurts...

"Your feeling must be wrong then." I said and left outside. I don't even know why I said it. I guess I still have some feelings for Dan so in my heart this would feel like cheating. Plus I don't want to hurt Dopey with my mixed-up feelings.

I went to the same cliff like the last time. I looked at my package with cigarettes and remembered what he told me. I put them back into my pocket.

"Ahh, why is everything so complicated?" I looked at the stars again. I saw five of them in the same line and immediately thought of me and my gang. How I miss them. And the beautiful star that outshined others reminded me of my mother. But the picture in my head kept switching from her face to Dopey's face and I felt even more confused. Such a nonsense I would care about him more than my longtime friends I thought. 

Suddenly someone paid me a visit. And it was Dopey jumping on his one leg with lantern.

"What are you doing?!" I immediately went to give him a support.

"You weren't coming back so I was worried you went to smoke again." I smirked.

"Are you worried about the village or... my lungs?"

"The village of course!" I rolled my eyes.

"I should throw you down of the cliff right now."

"You don't have the courage to do-." I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the cliff.

"Did you say something?" He shook his head and I pulled him closer but he quickly pulled away from me.

"What's the matter?"

"You shouldn't do these things if you don't mean it seriously." I knew he's right but I myself am confused about my feelings.

"I'm sorry if I made you misunderstand me. I like it how it is right now but maybe I'm being too selfish."

"I still don't believe you. Why would you flirt with me otherwise and don't think I haven't noticed." I stayed quiet.

"I guess I just used you to forget someone I loved. I'm sorry." He got mad and was jumping on his healthy leg back to his place. I could use this chance to sort out my feelings. I rather stayed outside the whole night to not make him even more uncomfortable.

The next day I heard loud noises early in the morning. I went to look what's the matter and could not believe my eyes.

"Yok, we came back for you." Why was Sean standing next to Officer?

Author's note: Guess I'll be meme maker rn lol