[27] Family

Yok's POV

"You again? Can't you leave that guy alone?"

"This is the last time." That voice! I pressed my head against the bars to see what was happening.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'm bailing him out." I smirked. So he really robbed the bank for me... I'm in love.

"Are you sure you didn't steal it from somewhere?! This is really suspicious that you've got so much money suddenly!" I wish I could hear them better.

"My friend knew you were gonna say this and gave me this contract." Friend...

"It even has a stamp... sign... everything is here. Fine, it's enough to know this money isn't counterfeit. Wait for our protocol. We are gonna delete his crime from the report but he'll still stay on probation after all the troubles he has done."

"Thank you." I should be happy I'll be free but I don't like that I'm literally bribed from this place. In many situations like this money has the biggest power.

Suddenly... I saw the one I missed the most in my frame.

"Yok! You are finally free!" He knelt down and touched my hand through the bars.

"Tae! I told you to not get involved!"

"I don't have to listen to what you say. You should be happy to even see me after what you've told me." I bowed my head.

"I sincerely apologize for that... I was in a rush and couldn't let them get you too... I had to protect you even if it meant hurting your feelings..."

"So formal but I know. Thanks to your mom and friends..." Tears appeared in his eyes and he quickly wiped them with his hand.

"Don't. I can't withstand seeing you crying because of me..."

"At least you know how much I suffer because of you. Instead of valuing me, you always leave me behind you..."

He's so fucking right. I kept focusing on the things around me instead of him and could lose him forever. I can't wait to get out of here and prove my love for him.

"Enough of this show, keep it at home. You should be grateful for this brat." That jerk couldn't stay quiet, could he? But at least he finally unlocked me and quickly kicked us out.

"I know, I know I've disappointed you. Why do I always end up hurting people I care most about?!" I had to punch the wall.

"But there's a way to fix it, you know?" I looked at him.

"You still haven't taken me on our first date and I won't leave until you take me on one." I widely smiled.

"Is that really enough for you to forgive me?"

"Hmm, maybe I'll come up with more things when you demand it..."

"Think of as many things as you want because I'll never want to be separated from you again!"

"Don't forget what you've just said! Would you even leave your home city for me?"

"That is..." He smiled.

"Don't worry, I know how many important people, who you love, live here..."

"Don't do it. Don't sacrifice yourself for me again! I can't separate you from the village!" He sighed.

"You are so hard to read. But... my happiness is where you are, Yok. I know I'd leave my village but it's not like I wouldn't see others again. Plus they have Tian, I'm sure they'll do fine without me. Even my father..." I saw tears in his eyes.