[5] Reality

"Hey, it moved!" I quickly grabbed the rod and tried to pull it out.

"It looks like a big catch, let me help you!" Dopey said and helped me pull the rod out while he was touching my hands. In the end, we pulled it out but both fell on the ground. I fell on him.

"Oh, sorry, I hope I haven't crushed you and your tiny body." He pushed me away and slapped my back.

"Hey, stop making fun of my body size! Not everyone is blessed with your height!"

"What? You like my height?" I teased him again.

"Well... I'd like to be as tall as you..."

"That'd be a shame, I wouldn't have such a great view of you." He turned away. We put the fish into a bucket with his fishnet. Dopey took a picture of it and we continued fishing. In the end, we caught three fishes and two of them were average unlike the first giant one.

It was already evening when we were coming back.

"Oh, Longtae, you did pretty well today. Usually you don't catch more than two and this one is even bigger than these two in one. I guess you enjoyed your company." I let out a small laugh. He wanted to shut his dad's mouth.

"It's already late so it's time for bed. I hope you'll sleep well the first night here, Yok."

"Thank you again for taking me to your house." The chief nodded and I followed Dopey to his room.

"We have to take a bath before that. I'll lend you my towel. Let's go to the waterfall."

"Waterfall?"

"Yes, it's really near. I'll take a lantern with us." I didn't say anything next and followed him. I'm still surprised how well they are all living here without so many important needs for city people. I bet White wouldn't stay here even for a while. But when he was able to live the life of Black, he'd survive anything.

Reminding my friends, I started to miss them. I know our ways and life goals are different but ending our friendship out of sudden after everything we went through together really upset me. I couldn't even believe everyone was so fine with that. Those three are in love so they don't think about anything else but even Gumpa who raised us for such a long time? But he's ten years older than us so he must have more important things to do.

"Yok? We are already here. Are you okay? You weren't answering..."

"Oh yeah, I just spaced out." I took off my tank top and jeans and went to the water in my underwear. He stood there stunned like some statue.

"What? Aren't you joining me? Are you shy or just enjoying the view?" I laughed. He got mad and started taking his clothes off. I was finally able to see his tattoos. One close to his underwear on the left side and the other one on his right thigh. I could not read what it said but it still made me interested. For the first time he didn't look cute but hot.

"Satisfied?" He asked as he came to the water.

"Very." I said and and kept looking at his tattoo in the clear water.

"O-oi, why are you staring so much?" He asked and covered his chest.

"What are the meanings of your tattoos?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Yeah but I asked first. Or should I read it myself?" I said rhetorically and grabbed his thigh.

"Hey!" He slapped my hand.

"Fine, it says "Mom, don't worry about a thing". Satisfied?" Suddenly it made me remember my conversation with my mother...

"And where is she by the way?" He looked down. She got married again and moved to different place... I stayed with her and her partner when I was studying."

"I see... I'm sorry about that."

"But I still love her and don't blame her for what she did. It just happens you fall in love with someone else..."

"Something similar happened to my father... but I can never forgive him he left us. My mother is disabled and everything got worse. He was just selfish!" I punched the water. He stared at me without saying anything. I didn't want to tell anyone about myself more but with him everything was easier.

"I-I see. I'm sorry... so... the meaning behind your tattoos?" He pointed at the swallows on my right arm.

"Simply... freedom. I love to draw them. Everytime I watch them flying at the sky without any boundaries, I feel as free as them. I kept thinking what if I had also wings which would get me anywhere I want? It's silly I know but it means a lot. I wish I could follow my instincts and what I claim as right and not this stupid system of the government and all of the irritating laws."

"But laws are important for the order... if there were no laws, people would have nothing to follow which would cause chaos and fighting over the power. Most of the people would die..."

"That's why I said irritating. I get the laws which forbid you to kill others, hurt others, deceive others and other harmful things. The rest of the laws should keep equality between citizens but everyone would have to follow it. But those farts with power and money don't have to, why? Because they buy everyone to keep their mouths shut. Have you ever heard the name Tawi?"

"When I visited the city... someone mentioned him. What is it about?"

"He fooled everyone. So many people trusted him and he kept saying he is doing everything for us and other bullshits but he was just deceiving people, put them in danger just for money and even was the reason for my friend's father's death. He still kept his fake mask until it all came on the light. That asshole should rotten in the prison now but he deserves much worse punishment..." He touched my shoulder.

"I see... I didn't know about any of this."

"Of course, you all live in the corner not wondering what is happening outside of this paradise. I'm so jealous of you. It's better not to know anything and living in piece then being surrounded by all the lies and unfair system."

"I may not live in the city but I wasn't here all the time so I'm not so uninformed. I also know how unfair it is... my friend died and the culprit got out of it because he bribed everyone. And I have read Animal Farm but never understood it until I saw it in real life."

"Same, I read it too which made me hate the world even more."

"Maybe we should read something which is no where close to the real life. Which turns off our minds for a while and makes us live in a different universe with no serious issues."

"Yeah... but it'd be fake..." I sighed as I finished the sentence. We just can't run away from the reality as much as we want to but we still can fight against it. People fought in the past for their rights too, we can continue in their wishes.

Author's note: Here is the link for the edit

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJ4SFr1C/