[22] The sky is clearing up

Longtae's POV

After my panick attack had stopped, Yok's mother helped me up and offered to take me to dinner. At least that's what I could read from her signs but I wasn't sure.

I followed her to the cafeteria. So she meant 'something to drink'.

I couldn't even look into her eyes. I was so hurt at the moment I couldn't pretend I was fine and I didn't want her to worry.

When I ordered us two Americanos, she put her hand on mine to let me know everything will be fine and I held her hand tightly.

"Y-Yok luves yeou vary moch... I knaw..." She tried to talk. I didn't understand it at first but when I realized what she had said, I blushed and turned away.

There was something on her voice that was giving me hope Yok had a good reason for being a dick.

Suddenly my phone rang. White's name appeared on a screen. I looked at her and she nodded. I swallowed and picked it up.

"Longtae! I know who's behind Yok's arrest! But... I have a hard time accepting it."

"R-really?"

"Black and Todd... they hadn't told us everything and did few things on their own. Todd reported Yok to the police and Yok was framed... I'm sorry, it's my fault... I shouldn't trust my brother."

"No, it's not, Phi! Thank you for telling me this... but why did Yok say harsh things to me? I don't understand..."

"What did he say?"

"That he did all of this just to sleep with me."

"What?! No! There's no way he meant it! When I first joined the gang, he was the most honest and loyal person in the group. He stood up for Dan several times and did a lot of things for him but was really hurt when he thought Dan betrayed him. I'm sorry for telling you about his ex but you should know he wouldn't do things he did for you if he didn't care. And doing all this just for sex... that doesn't sound like him at all."
I don't know why but I genuinely trust Phi with everything he just said.

"Thank you, Phi..." I covered my eyes in which appeared tears.

"You are welcome even though I just said the truth... just please don't give up on him. I was relieved to see him happy again and I know how badly he takes situations like this. Visit me at my place. I'll pick you up. Sean is already helping me to figure out the solution."

"Yes, I'll let you know when I'm at home!" We said goodbye to each other and I hung up. This was the first time I was glad I had a phone even though I didn't need it in Pha Pun Dao Village.

Yok's mom smiled at me.

"Good news?" She wrote on a napkin. I nodded and smiled at her.

"Also... you can call me Yani. Yok haven't told you my name, did he?"

(I like this name so I made it up.)

"Alright, Mrs. Yani." I replied on her message. I will definitely learn a sign language from Yok when he'll be back with us. I enjoy having a conversation with Mrs. Yani. She's so empathetic.

The waiter brought us two Americanos and after we drank it and I paid the bill, we went home. She didn't want me to pay for her as well but it was the least I could do for her when she helped me so much.

At Yok's place, I looked into his room. I wanted to find a way how to help him but wasn't sure how to do it. He didn't have many things. I bet he must have worked really hard to get the motorcycle. I could feel the pain when he threw it on the ground just to make sure his mother is all right as fast as possible.

I found some used up sprays under his bed and few photos in his old desk. Most of them with Mrs. Yani. Then Gram, Sean and Black... I can't even see his face right now. But he also had one with phi White. He looked like Black but unlike him he smiled in the photo. There was one with Dan as well, he looked really happy there... I have to make a photo with him as well. And it'll be bigger then the previous ones.

Then in his wardrobe he had three weapons but he hid it very well. He didn't have many clothes. I'd like to spoil him so much. I also found a dairy but this is too private. But just one look wouldn't hurt, right? I closed my one eye and opened it in the middle.

"... this was the first time I slept at Dan's place and gosh it was amazing, he was amazing..."

I was wrong. Even one look hurt. I rather opened it at the end.

"... my heart beats so fast everytime I see his smile. I already felt like this in the mountain village. Why does he look so cute everytime I look at him? I want to kiss him so much but I have to hold myself back..." I giggled.

I didn't know he could be cute. I want to read more. More about his feelings he doesn't share with me but I didn't want to invade his privacy even more.

However... a sudden draft brought me to the beginning of the dairy.

".... dear diary, I didn't want to do this but it's better than killing someone out of frustration... today on my first mission with my gang I was in a team with Black. I was scared and we were being followed, Black tied me up and left me in one room to sacrifice me for his freedom. It was the first time I was betrayed by someone. I cried after a long time but luckily Sean found me first and helped me. I don't think I would stay with them without Sean whom I started to trust the most..." I pressed my fists.

How can someone be so selfish, arrogant and evil? Always putting others in dangerous situations to save his own ass. I hate it. I hate him.

Author's note: Idk why but I have the need to write Yok and San like imaginary twin brothers in some story lol