[28] Brother

White's POV

When Sean and I were finally alone, I heard the doorbell.

"Do you expect anyone at this time?" Asked Sean.

"No, Longtae is back at Yok's place and Dan and Gram should be together right now." I said but still went to look who our guest was.

I opened the door and found the identical clone of me right in front of my door.

"White, we should talk."

"You've disappointed me enough. Go away." I wanted to close the door but he caught my arm.

"I thought... I thought it was the best option at that time. Your plan was pretty unrealistic and there was always someone who'd be caught in the end. But it's not an excuse... I won't tell you I'm gonna change which doesn't have to be the truth..."

"Why... why do you date Todd? You were fine before all this. You saved us and cared about me."

"I do care about you!"

"Then what the hell did your boyfriend do to my friend?!" He looked away.

"If he didn't do it, he'd be caught himself. I didn't want to tell you but hacking into the system in public cameras is very dangerous."

"But why did he call Dan? Why did he want him to get caught? Why did he report Yok to the police?"

"For Sean... he called Dan. I didn't think you'd take it that bad. It was Gram or Dan who'd he call, it didn't really matter but they were the only ones who could help Sean from the outside. When we learnt Yok was spotted on the camera, it was better to let the police know."

"I don't get you."

"How many innocent people would be involved in our mess because of this? Didn't we do all of that for them? Plus I knew that Yok with his past could get out of this easily unlike me or Sean."

"But why did you betray them before? Do you know how much they've suffered? Sean, Black, Gram..."

"Believe it or not, it was a part of my training. I was testing them. They were all new but wanted to do bigger actions. If they appeared in this situation alone, no one would help them. Sean would be caught, Gram would be on his own and Yok would be left without any hope of getting help. It was my way of making them tough. They wouldn't survive otherwise. I went through everything they did."

"You mean Gumpa did the same to you? He left you when you were caught?"

"Hell yeah. I hated him for that at first but after these experiences I got stronger."

"Why didn't you tell them?"

"I wanted them to hate me because hatred makes you stronger. I wanted to kill their naive feelings and trust. It's a part of training."

"Then why didn't you make me go through the same thing? You abandoned me but never put me in these kinds of situations."

"Do you think I have the guts to do that to my brother?"

"Then why did you lie to me on the phone?! Do you know how much you've hurt me?! Your training is too extra! What would we do if Longtae didn't get the money?!"

"I waited for what you will do with this situation. Todd found Yok's report and the cost of the bail. Also the deadline of paying it. If you didn't figure things out, I would bail him out myself." I bit my bottom lip.

"If you mean what you said, return the money to them. This will prove to me you are not lying just to get on my good side." He sighed.

"Do you know the bank account of that guy?"