Now Playing: Title

Status: Unedited

Published: July 8, 2023

You and Giyuu ended up coming home to an angry Loid waiting at the living room.

"Y/n," he called out, making you shiver. You turn your head to Loid's direction, "y-yes, Dad..?"

"He knows, doesn't he?" said Loid, pointing at Giyuu who was slightly worried for you. You acted dumb, "know what? What do you mean, Dad? I mean, he knows I own a gun but that's all-"

"All my coworkers saw him with you earlier. Seriously Y/n, why didn't you think about telling me and your mother?" he asked, standing up from the couch and made his way to you.

You look down in shame, "sorry, Papa..."

At the title you called him, he bit his lip.

Loid sighed and patted your head, "a spy must never tell anyone about their secrets. I taught you that on your third year of training, didn't I?" he says, you nod.

Loid noticed the guitar case that Giyuu was carrying, "I see you finally decided to bring home your father's guitar. Good for you," you hear him say. You look up at Loid to see him smiling softly at you.

"I'll head upstairs," Giyuu let you know. You nod as he left you alone with Loid.

With no hesitation, you hugged him tightly. He hugged you back, "I miss him, Dad... I'm so sorry, I really do..." you sobbed.

Loid combed his fingers through your hair as a sign of comfort. "It's okay, N/n. We all miss our loved ones. But apologizing for it..." Loid says. He pulled out of the hug and caressed your face.

"Don't apologize for missing them, okay?" he says, kissing your forehead like he always does. You nod, "okay, Dad... I love you..." you whisper, pulling him in for another hug.

Loid pulled you close to him as his eyebrows knitted together. "I love you too, Sunrise..."

Loid pulled you to the couch and you handed him the painting. "Is this all you found?" he asked, unrolling the painting.

He saw that there was an envelope inside, he took it and opened it. "Where did you find this?" he asked, using the light to get a better view of the code printed on the paper.

You took out your vape and inhaled from it, releasing a puff of smoke. "I found it stuck on the frame, so I took it. Thought it was money for some reason till I took a look at it myself with Giy- Gilbert at the ramen shop earlier," you say, mentally cursing yourself when you almost let Giyuu's name slip.

Loid nods, "good job. Hand this over to Handler in the morning, the analytics team will decipher it for us," he says, handing the paper back to you as you fixed it.

You sat in content silence with your father for a while. Loid looks at your disposable vape, "can I try?" he asks, you gave it to him and he inspected it, taking a sip.

You could tell he'll start coughing in a while. After all, tobacco users who try vapes take time to adjust to it. "Can you buy me one on your way home tomorrow?" he asks, taking out his wallet. "Sure, what flavor do you like?" you ask.

"Do they have kiwi flavoured ones?"

"Strawberry kiwi if you like, Dad."

"Okay. How much is one?"

"8k and 9k puffs for 450, 10k for 500."

"Get me 10 thousand puffs, keep the change," he says, handing you a 1000 bill.