Now Playing: Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High

Status: Unedited

Published: August 6, 2023

Your phone rang while you were in the shower, making you wipe your finger dry and answer.

"Forger."

"Y/n~"

You scrunched your face, "Veronica? The fuck- why's your voice slurry?" you ask, rubbing soap all over your body.

Veronica laughs, blowing into the mic. "Come to Ivan's house, this pot is sick," she says with her slurry voice.

Your jaw dropped.

Ivan's house?

"Girl, what the hell are you doing there?" you asked, rinsing off the soap and stepping out of the shower with a towel wrapped around your body.

"Oh nothing, we're hooking up," you hear Ivan laugh evilly from the background.

You took the phone from the sink, "what did you do to her, Ivan?"

He shrugged, "oh nothing, she came willingly. Said some nasty things about you," he says with a sly smile. Veronica put her hand on the phone, "babe, I said don't tell her..." you heard her say, her voice slightly muffled.

You let out a scoff, "Vee?"

"Yeah?"

"You... you did..?"

Veronica scoffed, "no I didn't, he's lying," she says, taking a hit on the bong that was on the table.

Ivan smirks and whispers on the phone, "nah, she's the one lying. Turned out she never liked you in the first place," he says slyly.

Your bottom lip began to quiver. You turned off the call and stared at yourself in the mirror.

You walked out of the bathroom, comprehending Ivan's words and Veronica's new relation with him.

'Turned out she never liked you in the first place...'

Those words echoed in your mind as you walk back to your room to change.

Giyuu saw you pass his room with a downed attitude, he was buttoning up his white polo shirt that was underneath the other layer of his black top. "Y/n, we have a mission at your city," he says.

You didn't say anything and just closed the door.

Giyuu raised a brow as he continues to button up his uniform, later on tucking it in as he fixed his belt. "Something's up~"

Giyuu flinched as Shinobu stood in front of his windowsill, he sighed. "Stop it, Kocho."

"No, really. Something's up with her," she says seriously.

Giyuu's face turned stoic, "what do you think it is?"

Muichiro came in next, "Kocho saw something earlier, dunno what it was all about. She started slapping my back, and I didn't even do anything," says the boy, rubbing his back.

Shinobu grew a tick mark, "Veronica hooked up with her bully-"

Giyuu covered her mouth, "okay! Okay! Just stop screaming!" he whisper-yelled.

Shinobu huffs, "I swear, Y/n doesn't deserve anything like that," she says. Muichiro let's a butterfly land on his fingertip, "mmm... I agree... Y/n is a nice person..."

Giyuu scratched his head, "waffles won't calm her down this time..."

"But we can!"

Giyuu looked up the window to see Kyojuro and Mitsuri entering his bedroom as well, making it crowded.