Now Playing: Sweet Creature

Status: Unedited

Published: July 31, 2023

You woke up with a headache, the worst way to wake up you thought.

You tried to sit up but a hand pushed you down.

"You shouldn't get up, you might reopen your wounds."

"Oh, Shinobu..."

She was taking your vitals as she say beside your bed, "do I get meds for this headache? 'Cause it's really fucking me up..." you complain, holding your head.

Shinobu shakes her head, "afraid not... you'll need to rest for a while, Tomioka-san is at the kitchen making you some hot chocolate," she informs, writing down your heart rate.

You smile, "he's here..?" you ask, she nods with a smile. "Yes, he'll be here in a while."

You nod weakly, "... that's good... I finally will get to know what he wants to tell me after... the mission at Yoshiwa... ra..."

Shinobu raised a brow, "he wants to tell you something?" she asked, you smile, "yeah... dunno what's it gonna be... just, yeah... let him surprise me..."

Shinobu smiles, "you're actually the first one to wake up among Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu. They're still asleep after a week. You had lots of poison in you, it took a while to find a way to extract it," says Shinobu, standing up from the bed.

You hum, "... is that so..?" Shinobu nods as she opened the door, "I'll be leaving you now," she whispers, you gave her a thumbs up as she closed the door.

You sighed, "oh Giyuu..."

"Yes?"

The door opened to reveal the Water Pillar who had a cup in his hands, "it's good to see you're awake..." he says.

You open your eyes to see Giyuu sitting beside your bed, "hello, Giyuu..." you smiled weakly.

He caressed your cheek, "hi, Y/n. I missed you so much," he says.

You slowly bring up a hand to his eyes, "you have eye bags... haven't you been sleeping right..?"

Giyuu looks down, "I was too worried about you that I couldn't sleep for a whole week..." he says, you frown a little. "You should take care of yourself... I mean, I am here alive and well..." you smile, Giyuu stares at you for a while.

"Define 'well'."

"Okay, you got me..."

He hold your hand lightly, you slightly blushed at the contact but you were relieved that he was beside you now after everything that happened at Yoshiwara.

"Are we... in the Taisho Period...?" you asked, Giyuu nods. "It was too risky to take you back to the city, the suction will take out all your blood through your wound," he explains, you hum.

"Would you like some hot chocolate? Anya gave me some chocolate powder to make some for you," he says, you smile. "Yes please..."

Giyuu takes out a straw that he brought with him from the city and puts it in the now cooled hot chocolate, he puts the other end to your mouth. "Here, take small sips."

You took three sips before you move the straw away from your mouth with your tongue, you sighed contently. "You should rest too... you must be tired..." you say.

Giyuu smiles a little, "if that's what you wish," he says, getting up from his seat.

You took his hand which made him look at you in confusion, "rest here... beside me..."