Now Playing: hug me

Status: Unedited

Published: July 24, 2023

You and Tengen were walking along the trail that you knew led to Shinobu's Estate, having a sweet taste play along your taste buds, "why are we heading to Shinobu's place?" you asked him, he smiles at you. "We need more backup. Just you and me and my wives won't be enough. Remember what I told you before? Upper Ranks lurk around Yoshiwara," he says.

You nod as you recalled him saying that, "I gotta admit, I'm kinda scared now..." you said, Tengen reached out in his pocket for something.

He took out some candy wrapped in a cloth from his pocket, giving them to you. "Upper Ranks are only temporary if we could kill them," he says as you took a piece of the candy and put it in your mouth, you smiled. "How'd you know I like honeydew?" you asked, Tengen giggles. "I have my ways," he says, patting your head as you put in your pocket the rest of the candy.

"I'm not actually that good at Water Breath... but if I have people who are waiting for me to show them my best, then I will," you smiled.

Tengen laughs, "how flamboyant of your thinking, you really are something else, Y/n."

You skipped ahead of Tengen like a kid as he followed behind walking, "oh by the way," you said, turning to him. "How in the world do we get to Yoshiwara? We're not even in Japan," you said, Tengen smiles. "We're not even sure if there are any Upper Ranks in this world," you added.

"For that, it may be a little complicated than you think... I'll show you in a while..." he says, walking past you as you stood there thinking.

You caught up to Tengen as he hopped on top of Shinobu's gate, "wait for me here," he says. But despite your superior's orders, you jumped on the roof with him and flashed him a charming smile. Tengen sighed, "you're really stubborn..."

You giggle and nudge his elbow with yours, "you have no idea what Giyuu had to put up with."

Tengen climbed down and approached an angry Aoi, lifting her up and putting her over his shoulder as well as Naho. Your jaw dropped.

"Please let us, her and I, go!" yelled Aoi, hitting Tengen's back. He only clicked his tongue, "y'all are annoying, just shut up."

"Please don't!"

"Let them go!"

Aoi turned to Kanao as she was the only one superior in terms of strength when going against a Pillar. "K-Kanao!" she yelled, the Successor started to sweat.

'Missions... Orders... Shinobu... Superiors... Aoi... Naho... Pillar... Coin... Orders...

... Coin... Coin...

Toss the coin to decide...' she thought, reaching inside her pocket for the coin that Kanae had given her long ago.

Then her deal with Tanjiro came to mind, his smile blowing away the clouds of thoughts in her head as his voice rang in her mind.

"Follow your heart!"

As Tengen was leaving with the two girls in hand, Kanao ran to him and pulled Naho by her skirt and Aoi by her arm.

Aoi looked at her with teary eyes, "Kanao..." she whispered. "Kanao-sama..." the three girls said.

Tengen looked at her, "don't pull me so plainly," he says. "You just received your orders, right?"

Kanao didn't answer, tightening her grip on both her friends.

Tengen grew a tick mark after not hearing an answer from Kanae's Tsuguko, "say something, at least! You really are a plain person!" he yelled.