Now Playing: Rolling In The Deep

Status: Unedited

Published: July 19, 2023

You let more blood drip from your wound to Kyojuro's wound but he still wasn't healing or waking up, you sighed in distress as you start to lose hope.

It wasn't working.

You healed yourself up and walked back to Kyojuro's face, caressing his cheek that was cold to the touch.

"I'm sorry, buddy..." you cried softly, kissing his cheek and leaving the Morgue.

You walked back sadly to the kitchen for some rice balls, thankfully Aoi already knew you were going to drop by so she made you ten rice balls with tuna fillings. You thanked her and went to Giyuu's room to accompany him, maybe even make him eat to gain back his strength and cure his hunger.

You walk in the room with the plate, closing the door behind you. Giyuu was already bandaged up and was changed out of his uniform and into clean robes, "how'd it go?" he asked, you shook your head. "Couldn't take it..." you simply said, taking a rice ball from the plate and took a bite out of it, you offered one to Giyuu who declined. "I'm not really hungry, thank you..."

You put the plate on your lap as you continue to stress eat. You haven't received any phone calls or texts from anyone which was weird, Veronica and Loid would blow up your phone at times.

You didn't mind though, you sat at the bed where it was stuck to the wall, leaning your back there as you continue to eat. Giyuu laid on his back while staring at the ceiling, "I missed you..." he suddenly said, making your eyes turn to him. You smiled, "I missed you too..."

The silence was deafening but you didn't mind. You finished the rice balls in no time and put the empty plate aside, crouching into a ball at the foot of the bed.

Giyuu ended up falling asleep but you were awake, you didn't want to rest even after the seven day duration of killing demons all night long. You looked through your phone to see that Anya had texted you, said it was an emergency and to head to Berlint Hospital immediately.

You jumped up from the bed and took your swords with you, Giyuu flinched at the sudden movement as he turned his head to your direction, "what's wrong?" he asked softly.

You put on your shoes, "Anya texted, there's an emergency." Giyuu looked at you worriedly, "there's so much happening today, it's absurd..." he says, almost in a whisper.

You gave him a quick hug before running to the door, "I'll be at dad's hospital!" you yelled as you ran out the hallway and outside at full speed.

You reached the hospital and asked the counter about a patient with the surname Forger, "Mrs. Yor Forger is at room 675 on floor 3, but she's not accepting visitors at the moment," replies the woman, you angrily furrowed your brows at her. "I'm her daughter, asshat," you said, running to the elevator and waited impatiently for it to open.

You punched the button with the number three on it and started to pace around the small space, "God, what could it be?" you asked yourself, running out the elevator and to the hallways.

You searched for Anya's taste and you ended up finding her and Loid by the waiting area in front of Yor's hospital room, you were catching your breath. "What's... what's wrong... with mom?" you asked in between breaths, Anya hugged you as she cried.

"She had a miscarriage..." Loid said lowly, looking down as his tears fell on the cold hard floor.

Your irises narrowed in fear, "... what..?"

Firstly, Kyojuro had died. And now this shit?

How angry you were.

You ran to the room and started to punch it, "open this door! Let me see my little brother!" you yelled, kicking it. Loid stood up and held you back, "open the fucking door!" you yelled.

All the nurses and patients were staring at the commotion your making, you fell down to your knees with Loid and Anya beside you. "I can't believe this... there's no way... Mom worked so hard everyday taking care of him..." you cried to Loid's chest, he ran his fingers through your tangled hair comfortingly.

The door eventually opened and you were the first to run inside and beside Yor's hospital bed, "where is he..?" you asked lowly, Yor didn't answer, she was just staring at the ceiling with tears running down her eyes.

"... He's gone..." she simply said.

You bit your shivering lip, "where... is he..?" you asked again between hiccups, Loid walked to a little bed where a bloody figure of a deformed baby laid. He broke down in tears at the sight, covering his face as he sobbed loudly. "I'm sorry..." Yor muttered, Anya held her hand as did you. "I'm sorry..." she muttered again, this time a little louder.

"Mom..." Anya called out, holding her face. "It's not your fault, mom... please stop saying you're sorry..." she cried.

You grip the rails on her bed, this was a nightmare.

Giyuu had called Kanao and asked him to follow you to Berlint Hospital since he wasn't in the right state to move just yet. She nodded and followed her superior's orders, she had nothing to do anyway.

Kanao entered the hospital, looking around.

'There are lots of people... it's making me feel uneasy...' she thought, proceeding to the front desk.

"Hello, what can I help you with?" asked the nurse. "... Forger..." she said in a shy manner, the nurse checked her computer. "Yor Forger's room is at the third floor, room 675. Please write your name down here," said the nurse, showing Kanao a list of Yor's visitors. She took the pen and wrote her name down in Kanji. When the nurse took a look at it, she sweat dropped. "Uh, what's your name, sweetie?" she asked, since she didn't know how to read Japanese Kanji.

"Kanak Tsuyuri," she said, the nurse nods and let her go to where she had to be.

Kanao used the stairs and it took her some time to find you. She hesitantly entered the room with the numbers 675 engraved at the front where she saw you with your family grieving, she closed the door behind her. "Y/n-san?" she called out, you look up to see Kanao standing awkwardly by the door. "Hey, Kanao..." you said quietly, giving her a hug. She didn't know how to react so she just stood there with her arms by her side.

"My baby brother's dead..." Anya muttered, Kanao had a look of realization spread across her face, "oh, I'm so sorry, Y/n-san..." she said, hugging you back.

You sobbed louder at her words, making her panic.

After you calmed down, you asked her to come out the room with you to talk with her. "So, what are you doing here?" you asked her, "Tomioka-sama asked me to follow you here and keep an eye on you since he couldn't move yet," she replies.

You smile at her, "tell him thank you when you go back to the village. I'll send him letters through my crow," you said, patting her shoulder. Kanao took your hand on her shoulder and held it in hers, "you've suffered so much today... how can you still smile?" she asked, you bit your lip.

"Today's just not my day... but at times, even if you're angry or sad, you mustn't forget to show kindness towards people. You have no right to lash out at them for they have nothing to do with your current problems..." you say softly, Kanao returns your sad smile. "You're strong, Y/n-san... the Gods must have blessed you," she says, you blush at little at the flattering comment.

You giggle, "not blessed, but cursed. A good curse if you may," you say.

Kanak decided to stay with you much longer, she told you she wanted to know you better and you let her do as she pleased. Loid left and went to get some food for Yor, Anya stayed with her inside and talked her down until Yor finally got to her senses.

You and Kanao went to quickly buy roses for your mother and some chocolates, you figured it might help her get better.

You introduced Kanao to everyone in your family and Yor seemed to have a lot in common with her, considering they're mostly quiet at times.

You stare at the ceiling with an empty feeling.

"I wonder what God has in store for me next..."

Word Count: 1439