Now Playing: Daylight

Status: Unedited

Published: August 9, 2023

A/N: Here's an update, I'm sorry for not posting for two days.

Giyuu wasn't familiar with the demon's face at all, but the appearance was similar to the Upper Three.

"Who are you? Do you have some kind of relationship with Upper Three, Akaza?" he asked, sword to the demon's neck.

"W-Wait! No, I don't! Please don't kill me!" he pleaded.

Giyuu furrowed his brows angrily, "you have killed a boy near that shop over there two nights ago. I know you remember, shithead," he says, sliding his blade more into his neck which made the demon wince.

"I-I did! I did! But look, no one can contain their hunger!" he says, pointing his gun at Giyuu's head with a sly look replacing his cowardly demeanor.

Giyuu clicked his tongue in annoyance, 'I forgot he was armed...'

Giyuu pulled his blade away with his hands up in defeat, making the demon smirk.

"Hell will do you better than a prison cell.

Eat shit."

Giyuu spun around gracefully, cutting off the demon's head in a flash before he could even blink his eyes fully.

"Water Breath, Second Form Modified;

Lateral Waterwheel..."

Giyuu then sheathed his sword and ran back to you, "Y/n!" he yelled.

You didn't react to your name being called, you were knocked out.

The raven haired man sipped his breath through his teeth in nervousness, checking your pulse.

He had relief wash over him as he felt a faint rhythm, "that's right, don't die on me..." he whispers, carrying you bridal style back to the Forger residence.

He glanced down at you to see that your wound still wasn't healing, "that chocolate bar won't be enough for you to heal that... I'll make you some hot chocolate when we reach your house," he smiles.

You two reached home not so long ago, Anya and Damian were there alone.

"Where are your parents?" asked Giyuu, waiting for the water to heat up on the stove. Anya poured herself some cold water from the fridge, "they're at Westalis, taking care of some business at WISE," she simply replies, taking a sip of her water.

Giyuu nods, "I see..."

Anya points upstairs, "what happened to Y/n-nee?" she asked, Giyuu rubbed the back of his neck. "She... got shot in the head by a demon," he says.

Anya raised a brow, "really? She looked fine to me, her cheeks and lips were still colored," she points out, Giyuu giggles. "You might be forgetting that she's a demon," he replies, pouring in two scoops of powdered milk and two scoops of the powdered chocolate into a yellow mug.

"Right... totes forgot about that," she smiles, walking over to the loaf of bread and took out eight slices, opening the jar of Nutella and started to spread it on the pieces of bread with a single chopstick.

Giyuu poured in the mug the hot water halfway, mixing it up with a teaspoon. The Water Pillar glances at Anya who was busy spreading chocolate to some bread, "why a chopstick?" he asked, filling the rest of the cup with room temperature water.

"Much less chocolate's left behind when working on some bread, Mama taught me that," she smiles, closing up the second pair of the bread and continues to work on the third.