Now Playing: Vivid

Status: Unedited

Published: July 20, 2023

You decided to stay the night at your house and let Kanao spend it with you while she wasn't assigned to any missions.

You enjoyed each other's company, and she helped around in the kitchen since it's the only way she knew how to help around the household.

You sat down on your bed after dinner reading a book, your reading glasses slipping slightly from your nose making you push it back up by its bridge as you flipped off to the next page.

Kanao came back from the bathroom all changed in your pajamas, "thank you for lending me some of your clothes, Y/n-san."

You cringed at the suffix, "just Y/n will do, and I don't mind at all. Giyuu borrows my clothes often," you smile, closing your book and turning the TV on.

Kanao began to ask the very same questions the Kamaboko Squad and the two Pillars asked during their stay at the Forger residence, and of course you responded with the very same answers you gave them as well.

You never knew Kanao would be this talkative, but you found it adorable how Tanjiro had changed her with his wisdom and her coin. You smirked, "hey, Kanao."

She looked at you, "yes?"

"Is there maybe a chance that... you like Tanjiro?" you asked, you saw Kanao physically shrink as she hid her growing blush. You slapped her back, "I knew it!" you yelled, Anya opened your door.

"I heard that!" she giggles, jumping on the bed with you and the Flower Pillar's Successor.

She put her hands up happily, "girls night!"

Loid took a peek in your room to see you and Anya teasing Kanao who was a blushing mess, he smiled a little. "Yor," he called out, the woman looked at him from the staircase as he led her to your room.

He showed her how you and Anya were doing well even after the loss, which made Yor smile as well. "I'm glad they didn't think much of it..." she says, Loid kisses her temple. "And you shouldn't either. It's not your fault, so stop overthinking it," said Loid.

Yor sighed, "if it's what you wish," she giggles as she hugged her husband.

"I'm glad that shopkeeper let me keep you, Twilight of the West..." she says, Loid smiles. "And I'm glad your view of me didn't change, Thorn Princess of the East..."

The couple went to their shared room and slept peacefully whilst you and the girls stayed up watching Attack on Titan in its first season.

"Hello."

You jumped from your bed and grabbed your blade, pointing at the person who had just scared the fuck out of you by jumping on the windowsill.

Anya smiled, "it's Mui!" she says.

The Mist Pillar climbed down from the windowsill and you sheathed your blade, "sorry, you kinda scared me..." you said, putting your sword back in its stand.

Muichiro looks up at the ceiling, "sorry," he mumbled.

Anya pulled him on the bed and directed his head at the TV screen playing the Attack on Titan intro, he blinked. "What is that?" he asked.

You sighed, 'here we go again...'

Even though you did your best in entertaining Muichiro's questions, he ended up forgetting way too easily you'd think he actually had Alzheimer's.

You sighed, "I can't keep up," he says, laying beside you. Kanao reached out and started to braid his hair, he looked at her, pulling his hair back. "What are you doing?" he asked, you push Kanak aside gently and started to braid his hair instead.

Kanao smiled and untied yours, starting to braid it as well.

"What are you doing-"

"Braiding your hair, duh," you said, alternating his hair strands in a pattern. Muichiro sat still as he felt his hair being moved from time to time, you push him forward while pulling his hair, "pull back your hair," you say, Muichiro stayed at the position you put him into as you continue to braid his hair neutrally.

You asked Anya for a hair tie and she gave you one of hers, taking it from her hands as you finished Muichiro's braid. You clap your hands together as you felt your hair let down as Kanao had finished doing her deed.

Anya pushed Muichiro to the mirror and he checked his hairstyle, "hmm... cool.." he said, he noticed a little detail from the side of his eye and saw that you put a little heart hair clip as an accessory.

He showed it to you, "what is this?" he asked, Anya gladly answered for you. "It's a hairpin! Y/n-nee puts some on me when she does my hair!" she says.

Muichiro hums and walked back to the bed, sitting down beside Anya. "How is it so cold, it's not even winter yet," said the Mist Pillar, you scratch your head. "It's because there's this thing called the AC that keeps this room fucking cold!" you yelled, Muichiro blinked at your volume. "Damn, how much louder can you get?"

Anya giggled, "Y/n-nee's anger issues are acting up," she says, stuffing her mouth with peanuts. You glare at her, "shut up, Teli!" you said, she only offered you and Kanao some peanuts and you gobbled them up. "Gosh, didn't know Muichiro would be this annoying..." you said, putting another pistachio nut in your mouth and crunched it down.

Kanao ate hers, "I've never had nuts like these before, what are they called?" she asked, "pistachios. You've never had them before?" Anya asked, your brows furrowed. "Bro, you missed out," you said, digging for more in Anya's bag.

Anya was starting to get irritated by your constant digging in her bag of nuts which made her snap and push the bag in your face while you were digging for some, "just take it, damn!" she yelled, pouting. You giggled a little, "now look who has anger issues," you said, crunching the nuts by her ear which made her grow a tick mark.

"Stop!" she said, slapping your mouth shut as you chewed.

Muichiro and Kanak ended up watching the anime as you and Anya bickered about the nuts, later on falling asleep on each other.

Kanao turned the television off as she draped the blankets over you and Anya who was holding her bag of pistachios, Kanao pulled Muichiro to the bathroom and handed him some spare clothes of yours. "Go ahead and change into these," she says, pushing him inside and closed the door as she prepared the futons you gave her on the floor.

Muichiro took a whiff of the clothes, "... they smell familiar... but I couldn't remember whose scent this is..." he shrugged and started stripping off his uniform, putting on the strange clothes and went beside Kanao on the futons. She went and turned off the lights, "good night, Tokito-kun," she smiled.

"Good night," he quickly said, going underneath his covers and stared at the ceiling for a bit.

'Who's scent was that again..?'

Word Count: 1174

A/N: I'm so sorry this is the only chapter I've published today and it's short, me and my friends went out to play tennis earlier and we strolled around with our skates. And tomorrow I'm afraid is another short update because I'm going out to play tennis again for the whole day, sorry guys, hope you understand, I'll make it up to you guys soon.