Now Playing: Fire Drill

Status: Unedited

Published: August 7, 2023

You woke up on something moving, you didn't know where you were. It was dark, but the crushing of the ground gave you a sign that someone was carrying you.

You groaned, feeling a headache coming on. "Oh... shit, I think I'm hungover..."

"Damn right you were."

You looked at the person carrying you on their back, it was Giyuu.

You smiled and lay your head back on his shoulder, "did I really drink that much?" you ask, holding your head as if to steady your vision.

You hear Giyuu giggle a little, "you look adorable when you're drunk..." he says, blushing a little.

You look around, "where we headed?" you asked, "I'm taking you home."

You nod, "okay-

wait, I thought we have a mission?" you asked, Giyuu shrugs. "You need to recover from your hangover. I'll take care of it, it's no big deal," he replies.

You got off his back, he looks at you. "What?" he asks, you look for your sword. "Where the hell is my sword," you asked, patting your sides.

Giyuu shows you your sword on his belt with a sly look on his face, "yeah no, you're not going."

You pouted, "but Giyuu," you whined.

Giyuu sighed, "come on, Y/n. I'm bringing you home," he says, walking to you.

You sped up, passing by him as you easily snatched your sword off his belt. "Not a chance," you smirked, putting your sword in your belt.

Giyuu shrugged, "fine."

You raised a brow, "you're stepping down too easily. That's so very Giyuu Tomioka of you," you giggle.

Giyuu smiles as he rubbed his neck, "well, I can't resist you. And you know that," he says, linking arms with you as you both walked around the city.

The sun was almost gone, the stars replacing its glorious glow as they dimly lit up the night sky. The city lights started to flicker on one by one, the streetlights illuminating your path ahead.

Two lovers walking the dimly lit city where creatures not of their kin lurk deep in the shadows.

Quite thrilling, you thought.

Giyuu glanced at a shop that wasn't usually closed so early, "doesn't that shop close at around 7 PM?" he asked, you nod. "Yeah. Looks suspicious, we should check it out," you say.

The shop owner locked the door from beside the building, "good evening, Mr.," you greeted, making him flinch and drop his keys.

"O-Oh, sorry... good evening, to you too," he says, smiling nervously.

He sped walked past you which made Giyuu corner him, "I'm sorry, we might need to talk."

You had asked the man why he closes so early, "I was terrified since the last two nights..." he admits, looking down at his shaking hands.

You hum, "is there a reason why?" you asked, the man winced. "You wouldn't believe me..."

Giyuu pats his shoulder comfortingly, "you can trust us," he says, the man sighed and walked back in the shop, unlocking the back door.

"Follow me."

He led you and Giyuu to a room with a TV. He sat down on the desk and turned it on, showing you a CCTV footage of August 5 around 6 PM.

"I don't know what it was, honest. The only thing I know is that it killed my son..." he says.

A demon approached the boy in the blink of an eye, punching a hole in his head then taking the boy with him, walking even deeper in the dark alleyway if the buildings.

You squinted your eyes, "wait, he looks familiar..."

You took the mouse from the man's hands and replayed the clip, Giyuu's breath hitched as he gave you a look.

"It's Akaza..."

The man raised a brow, "y-you know this man..?" he asked warily, you bit your nails. "We know him alright. He's a wanted criminal in our organization," Giyuu replies, a hand over his mouth.

The shop owner frowned, "then... you're looking for this fugitive?" he asked, Giyuu nods. "Not just him, there's a fuck load of new born demons we have to decapitate," you reply.

His brows knitted together in confusion, "I'm sorry, d-decapitate?" he asked.

You and Giyuu showed your swords, "it's the purpose of these babies," you smile.

The man was much more confused, "so, you kill people..."

You nod.

"Who kill people..?"

Giyuu shook his head, "they're not of our kin, they're demons."

You showed your fangs with a tight smile, "and I'm a demon as well," you say.

The man jumps back from his chair, falling on the floor. "A-Are you going to k-kill me too?" he asked, his voice shivering.

You shook your head, "nah bruh, never have I harmed a human," you say, taking out a chocolate bar from your pocket and ate it with the wrapper on. "I eat these instead," you smile.

The man relaxed a little, "so, you're going to find this... demon and kill him?" he asked, the Water Pillar nods. "Yes. But he's no ordinary demon, as you've seen from his speed."

"He's a demon moon, a member of the Twelve Strongest Demons in existence. They have lived centuries with people as their cattle, it's revolting," you say, taking another bite of your unwrapped chocolate bar.

The man smiled hopefully at you two, "but you can defeat him, right?" he asked, you and Giyuu looked down in discouragement. "I'm afraid that tracking them down is already a difficult task, let alone cutting their necks that's even harder than a rock," you say, Giyuu nods in agreement.

"But we hope we'll come across him, we'll annihilate him then. Thank you for sparing us your time, Mr..." Giyuu trailed off, the man smiled. "Takahashi... but you can call me Hiro," he says.

You smiled, "okay, Mr. Takahashi. We'll be on our way," you say.

He stands up from his chair and bows to the two of you, "safe journeys to the both of you. Try not to get killed by that... strong demon, it would be a huge loss to your organization," he smiles.

Giyuu lets out a small sigh, "thank you, Mr. Takahashi..."

You and Giyuu left the shop and a taste of blood played along your taste buds. You cringed at the metallic flavour, it was demon blood.

You unsheathed your blade as you lead the way, Giyuu following behind you as you came to a stop to another alleyway, dimly lit.

You peek a little inside, resulting for a gunshot to be unleashed and hit your head.

You fell unconscious to the ground, Giyuu hopping over you as he fought for you in your place.

'Y/n... please...

... don't die on me, my love...'

Word Count: 1118