Now Playing: Jailhouse Rock

Status: Unedited

Published: July 11, 2023

"Aw, bf ain't with ya?" Veronica asks, leaning on your locker door.

You giggle at her, "he's not my boyfriend, Vee."

"Yet~" she says, giving you the book she promised. "Thanks, Vee," you say, putting your things in your locker and walked with Veronica to the school theater. "So, you're excused for the whole week-"

"Well dang, just for singing practice?" you ask her, she nods. "Yup! So what song will you be doing at the program?" she asks, digging in her bag for her phone.

You scroll through your Spotify playlist which had many choices for you, "dunno. I want to dedicate a song for someone..." you say, coming across a song that fits his description.

Veronica smirks, "is your special someone Gilbert?"

You smirk, "between you and me, yes."

Veronica took a peek at the song you picked from your playlist, "

Veronica giggles, "I swear to God, you better give me nieces and nephews I could spoil," she says.

You two enter the theater to see that you weren't the only one chosen, "who's that?" you ask, Veronica raises a brow at you in confusion. "You still haven't read the list of the people who got in contest?" she asked, you shook your head, "I was too busy."

Veronica sighed, "that's James. You two will be singing a duet," she says.

Your jaw dropped, "I'm not good at cooperations-"

"Hello!" the principal greeted you with a hug, "uh-"

"So you two will be singing together. Do you guys know a song that you two know for a duet?" she asks you, you look at the boy with bored eyes, clearly uninterested.

"Do you know 'Lovely'?" he asks you shyly, you nod. "Yeah, I have it on my playlist," you say.

The principal gave you a mic and gave one to James too, pushing you two on stage as the instrumental played.

~Timeskip~

"Well dang! As expected of you!" Veronica slaps your back, you held your bruised arm that was his inside your jacket sleeve. "That's no problem for me if I need to let out some emotions..." you laugh nervously.

Veronica hugged you by your side and you put your arm around her, finally earning yourself some rest as you went back to headquarters.

You turned in to the Handler the information you took back yourself since Giyuu was assigned by Twilight to train the rookies in his place, later on going to the training room and watched the slayers spar with swords.

You were hugging Twilight tiredly as he rubbed your back, "where'd you find these guys, Y/n?" he asked you, fascinated by their choice of weapons. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you," you simply say.

"I'd believe you anyway," he says, smiling as he took a sip of his coffee.

"They're from an anime I watch. Demon Slayer?" you tell you father, looking at him.

He has his usual expression on, "yeah? Are they cosplayers?" he asked, you shook your head. "No dad, they're the real thing. Ever wonder why they're so-"

A sound of thunder made you jolt up, looking at Zenitsu who had sheathed his sword after his performance of the 1st form of Thunder Breathing. Giyuu flicked his blade, "quicker, Agatsuma," he demanded, ready for another attack.

Twilight sweat dropped, "why they're so strong?" you continue your sentence, "and abnormally quick," he adds.

You glanced at him, "if you watch the anime, you might get to know them better."

Twilight recalled the time he walked in on you giggling at your phone. When he asked you what you were watching, you showed him a video of Tomioka's scene compilation from the anime.

His mouth opened in realization, "so meaning to say, the guy with the blue sword is who you like?" he asks.

You saw Zenitsu turn his head over to you and Twilight, making you slap your hand over his mouth. "Shh! Zenitsu has ears that can hear anything within a 200 mile radius!" you panic, red painting your face.

Twilight pried your hand off his mouth, "okay, sorry... but you like Tomioka, right?" he asked, you nod shyly.

He smiles and rubs your head, "I give you my full support," he smiles.

You smile back at him.

After a while, you ended up falling asleep on your father's lap as did he with his head leaned at the wall.

You woke up to a realm of some sort, red and black painting your surroundings.

"Hello, Sunrise..."

You flinch at the voice, you knew that voice too well that it was enough to send shivers down you spine.

You look around, fists all balled up.

"Come out, Muzan. Face me, I'm not the sun so you don't need to tremble before my presence," you taunted.

You felt hands on your waist, turning around to meet red eyes with shadows cascading his face. He smiled at you in a lustful way.

"Oh? I see I've picked out a feisty one... it turns me on, to be honest," he laughs, tilting your chin up, forcing you to stare back into his bedroom eyes.

'Boy, if this man gonna rape me-'

"Of course I'll have to ask for you consent first, Ms. Forger," said the demon king, putting his hand on your hip as he caresses your cheek.

You couldn't seem to move or squirm away from his hold. You hate to admit, but this feeling is weirdly comfortable.

"Right, I forgot that you could read demons' thoughts..." you say, flipping your hair to his face.

Muzan cleared his throat, "so... the reason I've come to see you through your dreams is because I want to make you my bride," he says, leaning in to kiss your lips.

You push him away by his face, "sorry Michael Jackson, I'm a fan of the real one, not the fraud," you say, flicking his nose.

Muzan raised a brow at you, "ever since I came to this place, everyone's been calling me that. It's starting to annoy me," he says.

He pulls you to his body by your waist, "but if you may... I will be willing to wait for your final answer to my offer in being my bride and replace one of the Twelve Demon Moons," he says.

He laughs, his deep voice shaking you internally, "until we meet again... darling..."

He quickly pulled you in a soft kiss before you woke up inside your room in cold sweat. Zenitsu popped up from his futon, "a-are you alright, Y/n-chan?" he asked you.

You nod, "yeah, just a little nightmare..."

Yohave u look out the window to see a shadow of a man with a fedora hat standing on a roof. You saw him tip his hat before disappearing with the air, you rolled your eyes. "Fraud," you sneer, getting back into bed and touched your lips.

"... why did it feel good, though..?"

You suddenly remembered your first kiss with Giyuu when he ran off to find you some food to chomp down on and came across some police officers, you blushed.

'But it's nothing compared with Giyuu. God, I swear I'm going crazy...' you thought as you slapped your cheeks lightly.

"Fuck that old man, I like the Water Pillar better."

Word Count: 1212