Now Playing: Stay With Me

Status: Unedited

Published: July 10, 2023

You woke up with a weird feeling, you didn't know how to properly describe it.

You got out of bed to a foul taste greeting you which made you almost puke. "What the fuck are they cooking..?" you ask to yourself, slumping back in bed.

"Eggs, pancakes, and rice balls," says Shinobu, coming inside with a tray of food for you. "Good morning, Y/n~ It seems to me that you still don't feel well," she says, taking a thermometer and placed it on your armpit.

You hum, "my head's aching..."

Shinobu put a spoonful of pancake in your mouth. You disliked the flavor, "ew! Did mom cook today?" you ask her, throwing out the pancake.

Shinobu blinks in surprise of your reaction, "no, your father did. He already left after he ate, so did your mom and your sister's still in bed. Is there something wrong with the food? It smells nice," she says, confused.

You raise a brow at her, "are you kidding me? It tastes like shit," you say, washing off the remains of the pancake from your mouth with water.

Shinobu tastes the food, it was alright. But how in the world did it taste foul to you?

The thermometer beeped and Shinobu took it, looking at your temperature.

She had a look of disbelief on her face, "16 degrees?" she whispered, walking out the room and to Giyuu who was washing plates with Tanjiro.

"Tomioka-san," she called out, showing Giyuu the thermometer. "Y/n's temperature is down to 16 degrees celsius," she points out. Giyuu wipes his hands dry and took a closer look at it, "must be the AC," he said.

All the demon slayers looked at him, confused. He sighed, "the thing that keeps the room cold," he says, making them understand further.

"So? Does it freeze someone to death too?" she asks, he shook his head. "No-"

"Shinobu..."

Everyone looked at you to see blood trickling down your lips, a dead sparrow without its wings on your hands.

You look at her with fear in your wide eyes, "... what's wrong with me..?"

Giyuu was the first to approach you as you continue to gobble up the rest of the sparrow, "what's happening to me?" you ask again, your voice shaky and small.

Tanjiro took a cloth and soaked it in water, squeezing out the rest and gave it to Giyuu who used it to clean you off the blood. "It must be a mutation."

Everyone looks at Shinobu who was carrying little Nezuko in her hands, "she must be turning into a demon," she says.

Zenitsu looked at you, swallowing his spoonful of pancakes. The sight of your big eyes filled with regret and fear was enough to scare the shit out of him, heck even Inosuke didn't have the guts to say anything about it.

Once you were all cleaned up, Giyuu put his hands on your shoulders. "Y/n, it's alright. If you really are turning into a demon, we must have Shinobu and Tamayo-san look into you and give out proven and trusted results. That is, if it's alright with you," he asked, you nod frantically.

"Yes, anything to know what's happening to me. Please, I don't want to be a demon," you cry.

The Water Pillar pulled you close to him as you continue to spill out your tears.

Shinobu searched everywhere for a syringe and found one in Yor's room. She found a bottle of alcohol and washed it with it, rinsing it off with water after.