Now Playing: Killshot (Slowed)

Status: Unedited

Published: July 12, 2023

After the encounter with Muzan, you couldn't fall asleep again. You decided to do some parkour to clear you mind, and so you dressed into your black leather clothes you use for patrols and took your gun with its carrier, lacing it around your belt before securing it.

"Hello~"

You flinch as you looked back to see Shinobu dressed in her Corps uniform. "Oh, it's just you... do you wanna come along with me?" you ask her, opening the window.

The Insect Pillar nodded, "yes, I actually sense a few demons nearby."

She looked at your gun by your hip and took Giyuu's sword, giving it to you. "You can come kill them with me," she says.

She hopped off the window and to the other roof. You crawled out and closed the window, a note left behind.

You jump from roof to roof with Shinobu. It was fun, until you taste something unusual from your right.

"Shinobu!" you called out. Once she turned her head back to you, you pointed to your left. You two jumped down the buildings and to the woods behind the apartments.

You didn't know how to use a sword, but you still wielded the Water Pillar's sword for defense.

It felt so wrong to be using Giyuu's sword without him knowing. What if you broke it mid-fight?

Your thoughts were interrupted by a creature speeding towards you.

'Really? The weak one's the first target?' you scoff to yourself, smiling uncomfortably at the coming attack.

Shinobu stabbed the demon 5 times and landed in front of you, sword out front. "Draw your blade, Y/n," she simply says.

You look around to see another pair of eyes on you. You unsheathed the sword, revealing it's blue and fragile blade. It felt heavy, but you still held it in front of you as your back was pressed to Shinobu's as she faced her own prey.

"It's unusual for demons to team up from what I heard," you say, Shinobu nods. "It is. Encounters like these are very rare," she says.

The second demon launched their selves to you and your instincts made you slide the blade to its neck. It hit the demon's weak spot alright, but it didn't go all the way through.

Shinobu watched as her own prey suffered a slow death with her poison, the other demon shivered. "Do you want to finish him off, Y/n?" she asked sweetly, sheathing her blade after flicking it off.

You nod, "I'll try."

You recall the time your mother taught you how to preserve your breath when fighting. You gripped the sword you were currently wielding and ran to the demon.

You kicked him several times by his head to which he punched your stomach back.

You stood there, regaining your posture and getting to sync your breathing once more.

You let out a compressed breath from your lungs which made you exhale some vapor, lastly swinging the sword to his neck and finished him off.

Shinobu smiled proudly at you, "congratulations on your first kill, Y/n! If you want, you can become a Demon Slayer too," she says.

You look at her weakly, "and where will the Final Selection even take place? Even if I want to, I can't. There aren't any captured demons here and wisterias to imprison them," you say, flicking off the sword off the excess blood and sheathed Giyuu's blade.