CHAPTER 3

I was sitting on the bus, from about ten minutes ago it was  9pm, I was a bit late today to finish everything and and not even in twenty minutes I would have returned home.  I was thinking when it occurred to me that I forgot to call mom even though she knew I was going to be late I had to warn her.. oppsss now I was in trouble.  I turned on the phone that I had turned off because I can't keep it on when i work.  I found on the lock screen so many calls from mom and numerous messages, that I wouldn't have had time to read them and there were also calls from Izma ufff what a disaster, now mom would have killed me and scolded me so much.  I got off the bus and took quick steps almost running to reach home, I couldn't do any later than this.  It was winter, so by this time it had already gotten dark, the shops were already closing and the cars were reaching their homes and their destinations.  Assalamualaikum, I said in a closed voice and taking off my shoes, "Why were you late?" I had extra lessons, I also said this, this morning, I said reaching the living room where dad was too.  No sooner had I come in and removed my coat than my mother started scolding me and asking questions, "I told you, you couldn't be late and you couldn't wait for those two extra lessons", mom it wasn't a choice, I had to attend  the lessons, "But if I told you so why you didn't just have listened to me", dad say something to mom, it wasn't a choice but I needed to attend for those lesson in view of the exams, "Ezal if your mom had told you to come back on time then you had to hear it and not wait for the two more lessons", said dad, "So tell me why are you late?", mom I finished work late, I had files to record, plus a meeting, I didn't have seen when time flew and then today even the bus was ten minutes late.  If you let me take my car then I wouldn't be late,"The car has nothing to do with it, I called you but no answer, it was Izma who told me that you were at work you should take an example from her, she does yours too same university and work", no, mom I don't have the same job as Izma and then I had to turn off the phone, I remembered to call you but as soon as I entered in the office I forgot sorry. "Izma, have to tell me what you're doing, I never hear from you and you shouldn't have been late today if I told you you couldn't attend the lessons", mom but what you're telling me doesn't make sense, I've just arrived and I don't understand why as soon as i arrive you have to start investigating and.., I was still finishing the sentence when mom slapped me. "You are really rude, I asked you two questions to find out the reason for your delay, reasons a which I don't believe", mom I-- and I went to my room.  I threw away the rucksack I was holding, took off my nikab and coat, and sat down on my bed to cry.  I spent half an hour thinking of everything happened and after, like every time, I tried not to give a damn and not to feel bad about it and went to take a shower.  After a while since I didn't feel like having dinner, I sat on the bed thinking but Izma called me, "Hey, how are you? Mom had called me to find out where you were", yes, don't worry, mom said and explained everything well, "What happened, why are you talking like that, what did she say to you", nothing happened just the usual things, "Wait and listen to me carefully, without mincing words, tell me what she said to you, I'm getting worried", mom today... Izma I don't want t stay here anymore I need a break, take me away from here I won't sail anymore, "Ezal tell me what she told you", the second topic of the day was that mom and today even dad didn't want me to attend the two extra lessons from the university that I wanted to beacuse I need them in view of the exams, "And today it was like this but what happened afterwards", she slapped me--, "What!, No Ezal this is too much, how can mom do this", I don't know, but I know that if I'm still here I'll kill myself, "Ezal, tell me what you carry inside, vent with me, I know what you can't say, I know what you carry inside and you can't  say it to disobey your parents but this time Ezal they are wrong", I don't want to say anything, I don't need to vent, "I'm your best friend, I think you need a good psychologist, with whom you can confess everything without problems", no Izma I don't need any psychologist, now I say goodbye, i have to pray, today i'm late and I also want to remind you that tomorrow is Friday so we don't have to be at university, I also told you but you were already gone, "Eh eh is tomorrow Friday?  Damn yes I had completely forgotten, this week has been very thoughtful I lost count of the days", think that next week we have two projects and a physics oral," Well yes let's hope that next week will go well In Sha Allah , thank you for reminding me for tomorrow and now I say bye too so we can both rest" and I switched off the phone. I prayed Isha (the last prayer of the day) and sat on the prayer mat doing my usual Duas, I had finished doing my things but I was still sitting there, I don't know how but I collapsed in tears thinking about everything happened today and I prayed to Allah to give me patience and above all to always keep me on the right path. It was already midnight doing everything, I was also starting to feel hungry, but if I left the room mom would cause more problems so I  stay in my room and ate the chips I had in the drawer, but for water I had to leave the room.  I went in kitchen to drink and see if there was something to eat but in my searching, mom woke up just like I predicted, "What are you doing up at this hour?", hey mom you scared me, "Why did you get scared who were you waiting for ", mom but.. look nothing I was here for some water and now I'm going to my room, "What are you doing up at this time, I asked you", mom I just finished praying, I was late but stop investigating, I'm at home, without any danger you can stop being a policeman in this house because I'm starting to get bored and look now I'm going to my room to sleep, "Where is your phone, leave the door of the room open" , listen mom my phone is dead in charging and I close the door to sleep in peace I really have nothing to hide from you, "Moderate your language you're talking to your mother, you're always rude", mom I'm rude I'm not resting badly but...look let's discuss tomorrow now I'm going to sleep Shabba khair (Good night) and I went to my room.  Without thinking too much about what she had told me, I went to sleep and had sweet dreams.